PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phone not receiving calls!!! please help!

So it started on Thanksgiving day, but it's happening pretty much all the time now. Someone calls my phone but I don't get a call, at most, the music that I'm playing stutters a little bit or the phone lights up when it's asleep but I get no ring or notification. All I get is the voicemail alert if someone leaves a message. WTF is going on?!?!?!??! My friend had to take a cab home from the airport cause he couldn't get a hold of me
Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work
Re: phone not receiving calls!!! please help!

You may want to get some more opinions/options on this or call Sprint... but have you tried doing a hard reset yet?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b

yeah, i'm gonna do a hard reset once i install outlook to back up my contacts and appointments and stuff. also, after doing soft resets, the windows task-bar appears at the top of the green windows screen while rebooting, and various other errors come up telling me that some apps failed. I'm thinking of taking it back into BB since i paid for the $7/month replacement plan if this doesnt work. Taking it in will also solve my scratched chrome finish problem too
Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1l3ntm0use View Post
yeah, i'm gonna do a hard reset once i install outlook to back up my contacts and appointments and stuff. also, after doing soft resets, the windows task-bar appears at the top of the green windows screen while rebooting, and various other errors come up telling me that some apps failed. I'm thinking of taking it back into BB since i paid for the $7/month replacement plan if this doesnt work. Taking it in will also solve my scratched chrome finish problem too
This is very common if you are in what some people are calling a "fringe" coverage area. My phone jumps from EVDO to 1x and anywhere from 3 to 0 bars iin my house. Unfortunately, my house is a "fringe" area, so I don't get calls, texts, and sometimes even voicemails until hours after I they actually came through or were sent. I personally have not found a solution to this problem. It sucks though!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1l3ntm0use View Post
So it started on Thanksgiving day, but it's happening pretty much all the time now. Someone calls my phone but I don't get a call, at most, the music that I'm playing stutters a little bit or the phone lights up when it's asleep but I get no ring or notification. All I get is the voicemail alert if someone leaves a message. WTF is going on?!?!?!??! My friend had to take a cab home from the airport cause he couldn't get a hold of me
This might sound silly, but check your volume. Seriously, I thought I was having the same problem two weeks ago with my Touch Pro not receiving phone calls. It turns out my System volume was turned up, but my Ring volume was on silent. Check that out.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rekphiv is becoming a great contributor

Also... Go into your comm manager and make sure you didn't so something like turn off the phone radio. :0
Old 12-02-2008, 02:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b

Thanks for the replies, but i just did a hard reset late last night and it seems to have solved the problem. I wasn't receiving calls when people were calling me when I was on the road and at my apartment, so I know it's not just that I was in a certain area that had no coverage. Also I had the volume set all the way up the whole time. And no, the phone radio wasn't turned off :-p. Anyway, now that the hard reset seems to have fixed it, I'm not going to, nor can I really test to see what the problem actually was. However, if the problem persists, then I will obviously have a problem and take it back to Best Buy where I mentioned I purchased the extra geek squad black tie protection plan (as much as I hate Geek Squad).
Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

If you used Advanced config, you should read the essentials sticky thread for the fix.

Save you from hard resetting again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro