PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   phone not receiving calls!!! please help! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47190)

s1l3ntm0use 12-01-2008 02:37 AM

phone not receiving calls!!! please help!

So it started on Thanksgiving day, but it's happening pretty much all the time now. Someone calls my phone but I don't get a call, at most, the music that I'm playing stutters a little bit or the phone lights up when it's asleep but I get no ring or notification. All I get is the voicemail alert if someone leaves a message. WTF is going on?!?!?!??! My friend had to take a cab home from the airport cause he couldn't get a hold of me

cordevil95 12-01-2008 03:03 AM

Re: phone not receiving calls!!! please help!

You may want to get some more opinions/options on this or call Sprint... but have you tried doing a hard reset yet?

s1l3ntm0use 12-01-2008 03:17 AM

yeah, i'm gonna do a hard reset once i install outlook to back up my contacts and appointments and stuff. also, after doing soft resets, the windows task-bar appears at the top of the green windows screen while rebooting, and various other errors come up telling me that some apps failed. I'm thinking of taking it back into BB since i paid for the $7/month replacement plan if this doesnt work. Taking it in will also solve my scratched chrome finish problem too

kidmet 12-01-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1l3ntm0use (Post 551998)
yeah, i'm gonna do a hard reset once i install outlook to back up my contacts and appointments and stuff. also, after doing soft resets, the windows task-bar appears at the top of the green windows screen while rebooting, and various other errors come up telling me that some apps failed. I'm thinking of taking it back into BB since i paid for the $7/month replacement plan if this doesnt work. Taking it in will also solve my scratched chrome finish problem too

This is very common if you are in what some people are calling a "fringe" coverage area. My phone jumps from EVDO to 1x and anywhere from 3 to 0 bars iin my house. Unfortunately, my house is a "fringe" area, so I don't get calls, texts, and sometimes even voicemails until hours after I they actually came through or were sent. I personally have not found a solution to this problem. It sucks though!

wjrandon 12-01-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1l3ntm0use (Post 551968)
So it started on Thanksgiving day, but it's happening pretty much all the time now. Someone calls my phone but I don't get a call, at most, the music that I'm playing stutters a little bit or the phone lights up when it's asleep but I get no ring or notification. All I get is the voicemail alert if someone leaves a message. WTF is going on?!?!?!??! My friend had to take a cab home from the airport cause he couldn't get a hold of me

This might sound silly, but check your volume. Seriously, I thought I was having the same problem two weeks ago with my Touch Pro not receiving phone calls. It turns out my System volume was turned up, but my Ring volume was on silent. Check that out.

rekphiv 12-01-2008 01:25 PM

Also... Go into your comm manager and make sure you didn't so something like turn off the phone radio. :0

s1l3ntm0use 12-02-2008 02:35 AM

Thanks for the replies, but i just did a hard reset late last night and it seems to have solved the problem. I wasn't receiving calls when people were calling me when I was on the road and at my apartment, so I know it's not just that I was in a certain area that had no coverage. Also I had the volume set all the way up the whole time. And no, the phone radio wasn't turned off :-p. Anyway, now that the hard reset seems to have fixed it, I'm not going to, nor can I really test to see what the problem actually was. However, if the problem persists, then I will obviously have a problem and take it back to Best Buy where I mentioned I purchased the extra geek squad black tie protection plan (as much as I hate Geek Squad).

Compusmurf 12-02-2008 10:49 AM

If you used Advanced config, you should read the essentials sticky thread for the fix. :)

Save you from hard resetting again.

;)