PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Foreverunstopable is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Thermostat with Alarm .cab

Now having owned both the Diamond and the Pro the issues with overheating while charging are equally frustrating. We all know about it and going over it again is not the intention of this post. I have read all the posts relating to battery issues and haven't seen a thread started yet clarifying to the exact temprature the HTC discontinues charging. Here's my point.

If the HTC has a way to monitor the temprature while the battery is charging under different loads and determine at what point to close the charging circuit is there a way to access that data? Then create a program to read what temprature your HTC is currently running at and give a warning alarm when you reach a specific point before overheating then another warning once charging has been stopped?

I'm not sure what it would entail. To me it would certainly be nice to have a thermostat.cab and I would donate if this could be possible.

Any ideas?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Thermostat with Alarm .cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverunstopable View Post
Now having owned both the Diamond and the Pro the issues with overheating while charging are equally frustrating. We all know about it and going over it again is not the intention of this post. I have read all the posts relating to battery issues and haven't seen a thread started yet clarifying to the exact temprature the HTC discontinues charging. Here's my point.

If the HTC has a way to monitor the temprature while the battery is charging under different loads and determine at what point to close the charging circuit is there a way to access that data? Then create a program to read what temprature your HTC is currently running at and give a warning alarm when you reach a specific point before overheating then another warning once charging has been stopped?

I'm not sure what it would entail. To me it would certainly be nice to have a thermostat.cab and I would donate if this could be possible.

Any ideas?
There's a program called Batti that shows your battery temp. But it doesn't have an alarm function.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

what about phonealarm AKA battery status++ that might have temp idk

Old 11-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
what about phonealarm AKA battery status++ that might have temp idk
It would then need to be linked to an alarm.

Sounds a bit like a phoneAlarm feature. I'll investigate.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Batti 2.4
Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm testing Batti right now and somethings off. Tonight like every other night while tethering I have my Pro sitting atop a Penguin Pack frozen lunch box cooler to keep heat down and allow the phone to charge while using it. The initial temp reading while on the Pack was 356.6 Celsius or 674 Degrees... When I took it off the Pack, the temp started falling at about 1 deg C per minute down to 268.5 C or 515 F just before shutting down the radio and powering off. I dont think the application is working properly. Does anyone know of a different app I could try?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverunstopable View Post
I'm testing Batti right now and somethings off. Tonight like every other night while tethering I have my Pro sitting atop a Penguin Pack frozen lunch box cooler to keep heat down and allow the phone to charge while using it. The initial temp reading while on the Pack was 356.6 Celsius or 674 Degrees... When I took it off the Pack, the temp started falling at about 1 deg C per minute down to 268.5 C or 515 F just before shutting down the radio and powering off. I dont think the application is working properly. Does anyone know of a different app I could try?
Hmmm 674 degrees?

Sounds just about... wrong
Old 11-30-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just divide by 10. The "Standard" winmo Battery.dll reported the temperature in Celsius x 10, the Sprint (and maybe the VZW) Battery.dll reports the temperature in Celsius x 100. (Found that little hitch while developing my Battery log and usage diagnositcs)
Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Ya know..I have zero issues with overheating. I had a diamond...THAT was overheating...
Old 12-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Hmmm 674 degrees?

Sounds just about... wrong
OH MY GOD CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro