PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Touch Pro freezing at night?

Anyone else having this issue or noticed a fix for it? Sucks because i'm missing calls and my alarms don't work in the morning- Not something i'm ready to deal with, it's reminiscient of the early mogul... *sigh*

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: Touch Pro freezing at night?

nah, sorry dude..
happened a lot on my old phones, but i haven't experienced it yet since i've had the touch pro (a month).. if it started happening recently, you might want to think about what programs you might have installed before it happened. if you can't pinpoint the problem, you might have to hard reset to see if that'll fix it. goodluck.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are other threads about this. Happens to me and a bunch of people.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

/\/\/\/\ just noticed the other thread about this....
they say to uncheck the timeout option in today settings and uncheck the turn off device (when on external power) option.
and if you have applications installed on your storage card, that may be why also... storage card goes to sleep after a while, so if something in the system (like updates) tries to access an app, it may cause it to act up. BTW, I've had today timeout unchecked and installed all my apps on device storage since day one.... and no lockups..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

liemydude is becoming a great contributor

happened to me for the first time last night.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Happened once to me, so hasn't been a major issue. The one that's driving me nuts is the vibration getting stuck during the night. I'll get an e-mail and I'll wake up out of my sleep to the phone vibrating non-stop. Then I have to Close All or, on rare occasions, soft-reset it.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, formerly HTC Touch Pro

mi7chy is a n00b

I noticed mine was locking up overnight. Figured out that it was overheating when charging inside the included case and with default external power settings that keeps the phone on. Workaround is to reconfigure external power settings and have the phone turn off after 2 mins of unuse.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Threadstarter

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

hmm. mi7chy says turn off after 2 min, and lipidfats says uncheck turn off at all. well, i just took it in and swapped it for another @ sprint, i'll start messing with it if i see problems with this one as well. :fingers crossed:
Old 11-29-2008, 03:53 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

there's a registry tweak, i forget what it is... basically, wm wakes up at midnight to mess around with your appointments and whatnot, and the timeout for that is really low, so if you raise that, it may stop your phone from freezing up. i forget the what it was called... i'll try to find it.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i unchecked the "turn off device if not used for" and it still froze on me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro