PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Question All I Want To Do Is Install THIS TF3D Theme To My HTC Touch Pro...

http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/show...ht=TF3D+Config

...but I have no idea how to accomplish this. I've been sitting here reading and searching for about an hour. I've looked through here, XDA, and SmartPhoneJunkie, but I can't get any answers. I came close on SPJ, but I'm not allowed to view the thread for some reason.

Anyway, can someone PLEASE help me out with this?! I have installed Diamond TF3D Config Tool 0.6.7, but I get an error when I try to open the program. I read one thread that said I needed to change my registry, but it didn't explain what I needed to change...it was VERY unclear for me.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...!

-Touche'

p.s. Also, I'm not very smart with all this PPC stuff, so maybe I'm just slow...but I really did search...A LOT...lol
Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: All I Want To Do Is Install THIS TF3D Theme To My HTC Touch Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post

...but I have no idea how to accomplish this. I've been sitting here reading and searching for about an hour. I've looked through here, XDA, and SmartPhoneJunkie, but I can't get any answers. I came close on SPJ, but I'm not allowed to view the thread for some reason.

Anyway, can someone PLEASE help me out with this?! I have installed Diamond TF3D Config Tool 0.6.7, but I get an error when I try to open the program. I read one thread that said I needed to change my registry, but it didn't explain what I needed to change...it was VERY unclear for me.

-Touche'

p.s. Also, I'm not very smart with all this PPC stuff, so maybe I'm just slow...but I really did search...A LOT...lol
What version of TF3D config are you running?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

-Touche'
Old 11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if it is a .theme extension try changing it to .rar and unzipping it. should give you all the manila files and such then just copy all those to your windows directory.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

If I drop them in there, won't I have to delete a bunch of other files from the windows directory??

EDIT: I just changed it into a .rar. Now, can I make a new folder inside /windows and drop them all in there so that I can delete them all at once w/o having to search for every single one of them?

-Touche'

Last edited by Touche'; 11-30-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

-Touche'

hey touche whats up bro...hey man on that diamond config app u need to go into the program file and delete the tweaks file in there...then it will work fine...let me kno if u have anymore problems...im sure u kno how but it seems u had enough trouble so ill give steps...just go into file explorer...device is where it put it on mine...so click on program files...click on the file for diamond config and once open ull see a tweaks option...just hold stylus on that and delete,..
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
If I drop them in there, won't I have to delete a bunch of other files from the windows directory??

EDIT: I just changed it into a .rar. Now, can I make a new folder inside /windows and drop them all in there so that I can delete them all at once w/o having to search for every single one of them?

-Touche'
you dont need to delete anything. you will be overwriting the existing manila files. if you need to back up then do the fix mentioned above to get tfconfig to work and use that
Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Make sure you use a file manager like Resco.

Once you overwrite the files, soft reset and you should have your new theme.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if someone said it i missed it sorry. you may also need net3.5 found in saumauns sig. (thanx by the way)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if someone said it i missed it sorry. you may also need net3.5 found in saumauns sig. (thanx by the way)
That link is coming in handy... lol!

BTW, no one said that. I can't believe I forgot 3.5 was necessary!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro