PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Can't get pro to hard reset the way expected. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47105)

RadarRider 11-30-2008 02:01 PM

Can't get pro to hard reset the way expected.

I've cramped up my fingers trying to hard reset via the power/down volume + butt poker(soft reset). All I ever get is the tri-colored boot loader. It says Security Unlocked, SPL-0.37.CMONEX, etc.) If I follow the user guide to hold volume, enter key, then power I'll get the reset msg (no soft reset poke involved)....

So I'm wondering what I've missed after reading pages and pages and using the forum search function.

I can't get it flashed off of the SD card either. Active Sync is the only one that works... So any help would be appreciated.

I've also tried taking the SD micro card out with same result.
](*,)
Thanks--RR

Mbai2 11-30-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Can't get pro to hard reset the way expected.

You're doing it wrong. Put the butt poker away. Do that stuff in the privacy of your own room. Turn off the TP. While holding the Volume Down and Enter keys, press the power button. Continue holding Power + Volume Down + Enter keys. Follow the onscreen instructions.

darren.wlsn1 11-30-2008 04:10 PM

start>settings>system> clear storage>1234 easy on the fingers. please change phone info. also

jjlwork 11-30-2008 04:17 PM

For those of you who are sick of doing finger acrobatics while pushing in the reset button, the only button you need to be holding down when you press reset is the power button, the other buttons can be pushed after pushing reset as long as you are still holding the power button in.

dimitri 12-01-2008 09:10 AM

Actually for the VZW TP, you need to turn the phone off then press the center button (the ok button) on the 5 way navigation then while still holding the ok button press the power button. That should do it for you.

mcattack 12-01-2008 11:28 AM

Go to Settings then to systems tab, go to clear storage, enter 1234 and hit Yes. This should hard reset for you.

marcus_cruz 12-01-2008 09:14 PM

I have three hands

cforster 12-01-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbai2 (Post 550943)
You're doing it wrong. Put the butt poker away. Do that stuff in the privacy of your own room. Turn off the TP. While holding the Volume Down and Enter keys, press the power button. Continue holding Power + Volume Down + Enter keys. Follow the onscreen instructions.

LOL - funny stuff....and informative :)

kpbuton 11-07-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 550984)
start>settings>system> clear storage>1234 easy on the fingers. please change phone info. also

Thanks for the info. I have been running into this problem as well. All worked well with the memory reset. Thanks for the help!

rstoyguy 11-07-2009 04:29 PM

Moved to the Touch Pro forum