PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   My second Touch Pro died. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47096)

rcubed3r 11-30-2008 12:01 PM

My second Touch Pro died.

Just out of the blue, like the first one.
The touch screen has stopped working. I was home all day yesterday and left it on the cradle.
This morning the touch screen doesn't work. I have performed a hard reset, but I am stuck on the green windows screen that says 'tap the screen.....'
I can't tap it!

Can I return this phone I bought from Best Buy to the Sprint store?
I am outside of my 30 day window with Best Buy.

Thanx,
Ron

Insoc 11-30-2008 12:10 PM

Re: My second Touch Pro died.

I believe your 30 days starts over when you got a new phone from BB. Otherwise you will have to use insurance.

rcubed3r 11-30-2008 12:13 PM

Can anyone confirm this?
I got my replacement from BB on 11/06

darren.wlsn1 11-30-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed3r (Post 550558)
Can anyone confirm this?
I got my replacement from BB on 11/06

with sprint this is true, i hd 4 touch diamonds and the 30dy starts when new one is activated. hope it helps.

Insoc 11-30-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 550562)
with sprint this is true, i hd 4 touch diamonds and the 30dy starts when new one is activated. hope it helps.

BB said the same thing to me, the two times I replaced mine, that my 30 days started over. It was word over anything I have written, but I did sign new paperwork each time with a new date on it, so it should be by the date that you sign with. You can also check with Sprint, they can tell if you are still in your 30 day window. I feel like there is a way to do this manually, but the thought escapes me.

[sammich] 11-30-2008 01:30 PM

Perhaps your cradle is supplying way too much power, and your devices are getting damaged.

IDK, just grasping at straws.

IFMISM 11-30-2008 01:32 PM

hopefully you get better svc than i did. they kept telling me that it goes from the 1st one you have not if it was replaced. i went thru 4 reps before they told me it started over with every new phone. all i can say is don't take no for an answer and call back if you have to. email ecare if you have to. gl

Insoc 11-30-2008 01:33 PM

It does sound like you have a common problem linked to two different devices... And the cradle is the only common item between the two that you have described.

rcubed3r 11-30-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insoc (Post 550719)
It does sound like you have a common problem linked to two different devices... And the cradle is the only common item between the two that you have described.

I did not have the cradle with the first phone!

BB guys were able to get the phone working after forcing a hard reset thru activesync (whatever that means)....
I left and got about 15 miles down the road when the touch screen stopped working again. I turned around, and about 1.5 hours later they had swapped mine with a new one. They never mentioned the purchase date.

Ron

[sammich] 11-30-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed3r (Post 551073)
I did not have the cradle with the first phone!

BB guys were able to get the phone working after forcing a hard reset thru activesync (whatever that means)....
I left and got about 15 miles down the road when the touch screen stopped working again. I turned around, and about 1.5 hours later they had swapped mine with a new one. They never mentioned the purchase date.

Ron

What's your build date?