PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Verizon

viper3two is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video review of VZW Touch Pro-Crippled "Should be criminally negligent"

....and I could not more agree with this. Mine went back today after a dissapointing 4 days with it. What a let down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_BENjjeb8

Thanks
Old 11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre - HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

namtaru is a n00b
Re: Video review of VZW Touch Pro-Crippled "Should be criminally negligent"

Thanks!

As if there wasn't enough trolling
Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

*Sigh* Sure it's crippled, but as a phone on the verizon network it's a great smartphone. Remove TouchFlo 3D and you will free up a lot of RAM in order to run more efficiently - or just optimize the phone via reg edits. There are a lot of mixed reviews, I for one know what to expect (you can't expect the phone to be of the same performance as other carriers, you knew it was downgraded when buying it - even then it's still a great PDA).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

Feelin for ya VZW users...
Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

This phone is NOT THAT BAD. I dont understand why Sprint-folk are praising their TP, it also had its problems the first month, but through the tweaks it became better.

The only thing physically "gimped" on this phone was the user-accessible RAM (approx 200MB on Sprint's vs. 100MB on VZW)

Everything else will eventually be "unlocked" by our wonderful colleagues at xda-dev and ppcgeeks. So be sure to Donate to their causes!!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The guys is overly subjective. Sounds very bitter. I guess he's got some issues in personal life....
Old 11-30-2008, 02:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramborami View Post
This phone is NOT THAT BAD. I dont understand why Sprint-folk are praising their TP, it also had its problems the first month, but through the tweaks it became better.

The only thing physically "gimped" on this phone was the user-accessible RAM (approx 200MB on Sprint's vs. 100MB on VZW)

Everything else will eventually be "unlocked" by our wonderful colleagues at xda-dev and ppcgeeks. So be sure to Donate to their causes!!
im not bashing the phone but come on. no youtue, no gps(locked) disable tf to make it better? why gimp it in the first place? why should you (user) have to make the phone what it can be? all pros have issues but why make more for the user?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im not bashing the phone but come on. no youtue, no gps(locked) disable tf to make it better? why gimp it in the first place? why should you (user) have to make the phone what it can be? all pros have issues but why make more for the user?
exactly.

actually it IS that bad. Your better off getting a dang mogul the way they crippled this thing. I mean, we never said the Sprint Pro doesnt have issues, as does the Diamond, as will the Omnia also.

The point is, you have 3 other national carriers carrying full powered Touch Pros/Fuzes, and good ol Verizon decides to rob there users of some of the most important parts of this phone, that well, made it a HUGE upgrade to the 6800. If you dont think its that bad, u obviously havent used a Sprint, Alltel, or ATT one.

I think the guy who did this review is just as sarcastic as he should have been, its a shame how VZ fugged this phone.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Threadstarter

viper3two is just getting started

In my opinion, I paid for a device that was unusable and I agree with what the guy has to say. I also want to note that VZW advertises one of the highlights of the phone is touchflo3d, yet you can't run it because they cut the memory. Very misleading on Verizon's part. If I wanted a WinMo phone without the touchflo and other nice touches of the TP, I would have simply saved 150 bux and bought the xv6800 (mogul) instead. Heck, I even went back to the store a day after receiving my touch pro and did a comparison...that mogul smoked the touch pro in responsiveness and running multiple apps....and it is LOWER spec'd than this phone. This is supposed to be the latest and greatest....Yet Verizon charges the highest price of all the major carriers, then remove all the extras of the phone that everybody else gets for less money (memory, nice TouchFlo like HTC advertises, apps and little nice things such as the earbuds and halfway decent packaging). If I were HTC, I would have them remove it from their lineup becuase it is misleading. You see the phone at HTC as a beautiful product, and it is......but when you get it from VZW, it just a smartphone with a black case that is unable to run more than 1 app at a time. Again, what a shame and totally pointless. If I had a choice of carriers, I would leave right now, but nothing works in this area but VZW. Damn them...........

Last edited by viper3two; 11-30-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

to the vzw guys, im not bashing the phone, just the money hungry company. if i had vz, i would buy the pro also. i just dont get why they would do that to a phone that was better before they got there mitts on it. goodluck with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro