PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
All this for chrome chip, that will happen anyway?
No this is not all for a chip in the chrome. If that was the only problem I wouldn't even bother returning it. If you want to know all the problems with my Pro read some of my posts from the past couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
What should you do... I think you dropped the ball by not getting BB to stand by their product weeks ago when it was out of stock, and promise you a new one even after 30 days were up.

If you had issues with the phone when you purchased it, you were a fool to keep it, unless they promised you a replacement when they had new stock. Did they promise you one? If not, why did you buy a phone you had issues with?

"Hey this phone is bad, I want a new one."

"Sir this is the last one."

"Ok, I guess I will pay full price for it then, oh wait before I pay for this, can I talk to your Manager please?" Gee, I wonder if I ask their manager, will he:

1. Promise to replace this one when they get new ones in stock, that would be nice.
2. Give me a Discount on this phone seeing it is scratch and dent.
3. If I am offered nothing, I will take my business elsewhere...

Seems to me that you compromised yourself when you accepted the phone with the chip. You could have returned it just before your 30 days for a full refund, then gone to Sprint to buy a new one, but no, that would have been hard and you would have had nothing to cry about. You had a choice, noone but yourself made you do it. I would go out and buy a chrome paint pen and paint the chip and call it a hard day's end.

P.S. For insurance purposes I have heard that some of the TPs were recalled due to Chrome issues. The ESN range was listed here, a quick search should find it. If your phone is one of them, you get a new one lucky you! Also, I understand BB sends out for repairs before replacing, but they do not have any deductibles. I am not sure what Sprint Insurance is like, I paid for it for too many years and never once used it.
I noticed the chrome defect a few days after purchasing the phone and like I said it is not enough alone to make me want to return the phone. After about a week I noticed all the other problems and decided I needed to exchange it. So I call bb and they were out of stock. So I figured I would wait considering I also had Sprint insurance. Then it got down to the last week before the 30 days was up, I emailed Sprint to confirm the insurance would cover it, explained the situation with best buy and they said they would note my account and it wouldn't be a problem exchanging after 30 days.

I work a lot of hours every week and bb is a hour drive from me so needless to say I don't have time to call or go to bb 10 times a week. There is no need to get all hostile about this. My cell phone is not the number 1 thing in my life. If I pay a good amount of money for a phone I expect to take it out of the box and it to have no defects (even cosmetic) is there something wrong with that?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels

Caveat emptor
Old 11-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

kirov42 is a n00b

This is my First ever post on this forum. I read a lot what people say about issues with their phones, I find it very interesting. But this thread about Best Buy, could not keep me on the side. No, I did not purchased phone from them, I purchased many things from them and they never stand behind their products. It is the most Unfreindly consumer company I've ever dealt with. My only advice on this issue is to go to the store and confront store manager
Good luck
Old 11-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Go to a sprint store. Check to see if your phone falls in the ESN's that have the bad chrome. Sprint is replacing those. check this site for that list.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Go to a sprint store. Check to see if your phone falls in the ESN's that have the bad chrome. Sprint is replacing those. check this site for that list.
I saw a post a few weeks ago with the esn #s. My phone was not in those #s.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

So you have been told what to do, what are you going to do, and WHY did you not act sooner? You should have returned the phone for a full refund if you were going to have problems with BB after your 30 days were up.

You might want to get your credit card company involved if BB won't fix your problem. Try a different BB, or a BB Mobile, I have had no problems exchanging phones with them, three so far, and they have been VERY helpful.

Sorry, but I still feel like you fell asleep at the wheel, and want to blame everyone but yourself...

p.s. I wish the damn chrome was metal like on the GSM phones, not damn plastic...

Last edited by Insoc; 11-30-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: touchpro 2

moneymike6800 is a n00b

xjdogx. I have inside people with sprint and it is noted with all repair centers that the crome defect is on all tp phones until further notice. If you go to a repair center no matter if it is 3rd party or sprint you will still be on back order. that is what my people showed me on the sprint repair screen today. so if i was you i would cancel bb and keep my tep as they will insure anything that happens to your phone even if you dont have it anymore. I saw that bb had the tp in stock and had to have it. I used my bbrz card to get 20% off of the tp. dropped it 1 week later. had my people order me another one and just returned the tp to bb for the full price.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: touchpro 2

moneymike6800 is a n00b

So even if you dont have any insurance on the phone you will be insured with sprint on this defect.. fyi. go to sprint
Old 11-29-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

that is exactly what I was thinking about the touch pro being on back order and most of the stores aren't getting them any time soon. I must agree with the previous poster about dropping the ball. if I had that many problems from a third party purchase I would have returned it within the a lotted time simply because they cannot see the notes on your acct. good luck. if you press bb they will cave.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre too an Hero!

a1aone is just getting started

Yeah bad buy insurance sucks..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro