PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro help

I am really happy with my TP. It's far exceeded my expectations...considering I made the move from my Stock Mogul.

I have some problems though...and I'm not sure how to proceed.

I am used to using Markspace for syncing. But, I can only do certain things. For instance when I "mount" the phone and try to drag and drop a file in to the phone, the process will time out. This was an issue with the mogul as well. I need a better way...any suggestions??

Also, all of the PPC registry editors assume you own a PC. I have vista installed on my Mac, but I'd rather work out of OS 10.5.5. Any suggestions?

Also, I'd like a more "finger friendly" touch keyboard. Any suggestions there?

Thanks in advance!!!

I had this posted over at XDA and didn't get any hits.

Care to help a brother out???
Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Touch Pro help

K the keyboard wont get any better. most of us think it is the best thing since toilet paper. ppc reg editors can be installed as cabs most of the time. i even download them directly from my phone sometimes. there is a thread about mac syncing ill see if i can find it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:00 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

sorry cant find it.... im a die hard pc user myself and therefore dont know. most people are usin bluetooth
Old 11-29-2008, 05:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

may help the mac problem. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7710 even better link,http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44495

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-29-2008 at 05:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the advice guys...I have some reading to do. I'll post back my results.

As for the touch keyboard....I like it. I just have gargantuan fingers!!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Try fullscreen keyboard for your soft keyboard it helps people with bigger fingers.

If I change my registry I use total commander and it is in cab form, all you have to do is google it. It is a great file explorer and is free.

Sorry I am also a PC so I don't know anything about markspace.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

From the suggestions...I've done a little more searching and have actually figured out a way to "mount" the external card as a drive and I can copy CABS that way. Exactly what I needed.

Hibby....I noticed in one of your posts that you say it's important to unlock your phone. Why?? I thought the only time you need to unlock the phone is for using it on other networks.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lghitis is a n00b

GPS did not work for me in the HTC Touch Pro in Southamerica. I was able to get the maps for Colombia in google, but could not obtain GPS location, not even with live search. Spend lots of time trying to configure, and did not work. Since that was the only reason for me to change my Mogul for the PRO, i will return it.

Any comments .

Last edited by lghitis; 11-29-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:30 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
GPS did not work for me in the HTC Touch Pro in Southamerica. I was able to get the maps for Colombia in google, but could not obtain GPS location, not even with live search. Spend lots of time trying to configure, and did not work. Since that was the only reason for me to change my Mogul for the PRO, i will return it.

Any comments .
Mogul has GPS also. Why did you switch for this?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
The Hibster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspace View Post
Hibby....I noticed in one of your posts that you say it's important to unlock your phone. Why?? I thought the only time you need to unlock the phone is for using it on other networks.
Not unlock your network unlock your bootloader so you can load roms

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro