PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Receive picture mail fix? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47007)

SkunkApe 11-29-2008 02:48 PM

Receive picture mail fix?

ive seen a few threads on this, but doesnt seem like there has been a specific answer or fix to this. when i first got the phone, i was able to receive pic mail just fine. but for some reason, i no longer get it. my phone will wake up and connect to the internet, but no picture mail will ever come in. ive tried updating the profile and all that, but nothing has worked yet. anybody else have this issue and/or a possible fix for this?

Success100 11-29-2008 03:11 PM

Re: Receive picture mail fix?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkunkApe (Post 549269)
ive seen a few threads on this, but doesnt seem like there has been a specific answer or fix to this. when i first got the phone, i was able to receive pic mail just fine. but for some reason, i no longer get it. my phone will wake up and connect to the internet, but no picture mail will ever come in. ive tried updating the profile and all that, but nothing has worked yet. anybody else have this issue and/or a possible fix for this?

that makes two of us. im looking for a fix

LeoKnightus 11-29-2008 03:28 PM

It's Sprint, I called them, they claim they are having problems with the picture mail server...yea right!

IFMISM 11-29-2008 04:27 PM

this might be a dumb question, but have you hard reset then logged onto your pic mail acct to send yourself a pic. that is how i fixed mine once my pro came in. if you have then disregard

hibby50 11-29-2008 04:51 PM

i have a fix here for sending but ive never had issues recieving

eenieMINI 11-29-2008 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how I fixed it on my Diamond and b/f's pro... Uninstall net3.5, soft reset, uninstall picmail, soft reset. If you have msl go to ##data# and reset that also. DO NOT do a profile update.
Now, reinstall 3.5 first (I used this updated/fixed cab), soft reset, re-install picmail, soft reset. Now do profile update, soft reset....

Weird but worked flawlessly and I can recreate..

Also, if you're using mortscript and personalizer, this breaks receiving picmail for me everytime I try to use it... so uninstalling that then reinstalling picmail may be the only thing needed. I can break/fix by doing the personalizer on both phones.

a1aone 11-29-2008 10:56 PM

Sounds good thanks.

SkunkApe 11-30-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFMISM (Post 549390)
this might be a dumb question, but have you hard reset then logged onto your pic mail acct to send yourself a pic. that is how i fixed mine once my pro came in. if you have then disregard

did a few hard resets. nothing seemed to fix this.

i guess ill just wait it out and see if anybody finds a fix for this