PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   [FIXED] Pic Mail! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46990)

hibby50 11-29-2008 11:12 AM

[FIXED] Pic Mail!

1 Attachment(s)
So... I can now send pics to any carrier. How you may ask? Well some of us know that the problem is the images are just too big to send, but who wants to sacrifice resolution for sending capabilities? Well i found an app that will resize images :D! What i did is in \Storage card\DCIM I made 2 new folders other than the 100MEDIA named Make Small and Small. Basicly I put the pics i want to make small in the make small folder, then run the program and select to resize those images and put them in the small folder. it takes 3 seconds to resize then your done.... TADA!

osva 11-29-2008 11:43 AM

Re: [FIXED] Pic Mail!

I dont know if its just me but every time I sent a Picture mail it resize my picture automatically.

Talyn 11-29-2008 11:48 AM

Good job hibby.

You are correct, there is a KB sending limit for most people.
However, because sprint doesn't send them MMS, they basically riped off SomeGuySMS and send it like he does, by connecting to pictures.sprint.com and sending the pictures though there, so when you get the picture in your email, it's got all the sprint garbage as well, which is very dissapointing. cause all their immages and such take up memory also.

Come on sprint! fix this crap, let me "JUST" send the image, not all your garbage.
haha.

JeffdaBeat 11-29-2008 12:00 PM

Rumor around Sprint/Nextel is that we are getting MMS next year...

Talyn 11-29-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffdaBeat (Post 549060)

ooops! i said SMS, my bad, you are right MMS.

My nextel always did MMS just fine. =(
Simple and easy format too. Stupid sprint. Just add photo to a text message! simple!

hibby50 11-29-2008 12:56 PM

well this isnt too bad when this gets workin....

marcus_cruz 11-29-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffdaBeat (Post 549060)

THats funny.. Because I thought they already have it.. Remeber ARCSoft ? I could write a MMS/SMS server app for them for under 100K $.
It would send out about 2500 mms messages an hour. I already have 70 % of the code done for another solution I wrote last year.
Its so simple it scary. WHat I cant figure out is why the hell havent they implemented it.
70% or more of their phones already have true MMS or at least damn close to it.. The Piece of crap app that they have in the TP is definately a ripoff of someguy mms. Hell I coulda coded that. They dont even know enough about mms to figure out how to implement it into the TP. They cant even offer auto-resize of images on they POS they call "Picture Mail". Oh and be careful what kind of pictures you send, since they store them on their servers and who knows what else they do with them.

hibby50 11-29-2008 01:49 PM

yea we know they have it. i wanna know now how to attach audio instead of recording

freeza 11-29-2008 02:25 PM

......i've been able to send pics to other carriers since the beginning just fine...

hibby50 11-29-2008 05:14 PM

not if they are too big it is a fact