PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: T-Mobile HD2 Energy Rom
Carrier: T-Mobile

sparks.calvin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: orb type programs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
If you have Windows Media Center on your PC, look up Webguide. Its awesome.

Even if you don't have Windows Media Center, I think it can still do Videos, Music, and Pics. If you do have media center, it can do live and recorded TV as well.
Just looked up the webguide and am definatly going to download tonite. Looks pretty awesome. How is the quality of the TV on your PPC
Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Couple of things to keep in mind for Orb to stream video to your phone:

1. Don't go through Opera. Use IE - night and day difference.
2. Make sure the PC hosting Orb has enough horsepower to transcode the video. Turn off any unneccessary applications/processes.
3. When accessing Orb from PIE, force the connection speed at the bottom rather than letting it test - depending on your connectivity, setting this anywhere between 200 and 500 will yield very good results.
4. If using TCPMP, make sure to use the latest version from xda, set video mode to raw or gdi, and play with the buffer settings.

I get very good quality video even with the av cable to my 42" flat screen...

Last edited by dew.man; 12-05-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Firon is just getting started

Regular Opera doesn't proxy. That's just Opera Mini.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firon View Post
Regular Opera doesn't proxy. That's just Opera Mini.
My bad!

Opera still causes Orb to crap out, though....
Old 01-05-2009, 12:45 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
If you have Windows Media Center on your PC, look up Webguide. Its awesome.

Even if you don't have Windows Media Center, I think it can still do Videos, Music, and Pics. If you do have media center, it can do live and recorded TV as well.
Been using Orb for years, but had issues lately and reinstalled, now there is a problem discussed on their forums and you cannot setup ORB for TV streaming because it won't populate a list of TV providers, therefore will not complete setup.

I used Webguide before(years ago) and had it working fine. I am now using an XP HTPC and tried Webguide, but cannot access it from the internet, only on my local network. The ports are all setup properly on my D-link di-524 during webguide install, but I still cannot access from the internet using XX.XX.XX.XX:3260(or whatever port it is set to in config.
Anyone get webguide working recently, not much help on their forums??
Old 01-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

can anyone tell me the difference in kinoma free and payed
Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 AM
N00b

mnxd9 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Been using Orb for years, but had issues lately and reinstalled, now there is a problem discussed on their forums and you cannot setup ORB for TV streaming because it won't populate a list of TV providers, therefore will not complete setup.

I used Webguide before(years ago) and had it working fine. I am now using an XP HTPC and tried Webguide, but cannot access it from the internet, only on my local network. The ports are all setup properly on my D-link di-524 during webguide install, but I still cannot access from the internet using XX.XX.XX.XX:3260(or whatever port it is set to in config.
Anyone get webguide working recently, not much help on their forums??
I guess I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but ORB been working perfect for me, I can stream live tv, and I get the guide telling me what's on....

The biggest issue I have is windows media player is giving me really poor playback, audio is ok, picture studders and lags....

Oh yeah their forums are pretty worthless
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnxd9 View Post
I guess I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but ORB been working perfect for me, I can stream live tv, and I get the guide telling me what's on....

The biggest issue I have is windows media player is giving me really poor playback, audio is ok, picture studders and lags....

Oh yeah their forums are pretty worthless
It was a problem with their servers that didn't allow me to resetup ORB so I couldn't use it. It didn't affect already installed ORB's. They fixed it now, streamed the game last night. I've found that TCPMP works much better than MediaPlayer with ORB and PPC's. Give it a try. This thread has some codec fixes needed for WM 6.1, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=tcpmp

Also make sure your video drivers are set to GDI or RawFrameBuffer and your stream speed in ORB settings should be set to lower than your Upload speed of your PC.

Last edited by gullzway; 01-06-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
My bad!

Opera still causes Orb to crap out, though....
Yup. Which seems odd, but it's true.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
VFW Member

Just installed this version of TCPMP, since the Rom I recently flashed to does not include it, and I did not have to do any codec fixes. It is streaming from ORB just fine.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-01.CAB (1,015.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro