PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 12:27 PM
sam
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

sam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sam
Question Boycott XV6850

Why should verizon costumers have to find quick fixes for a crippled device, don't buy it and maybe verizon will get the hint to fix it. The sprint htc touch pro works great buy that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:32 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Boycott XV6850

agreed

Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

i will NOT be getting the vzw version. i may look into the omnia though...
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Hovthagawd is just getting started

Wow I nomally would not say anything but guys don't you think this is getting out of hand? Yes we know that verizon made the decision to go with what seems to be a different version of the the touch pro. You would think that verizon is the devil the way they get slammed around here as if any of there practices where new. Where did did it ever state that they (verizon) would release the exact same version of the the touch pro? Gees guys act like they don't have other options (tweaks, hacks or just another phone in general). My bad for the rant but seriously don't you guys think your beating a dead horse already? (back on topic) Seriously we are in the minority here what realisticly could a boycott do at this point?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovthagawd View Post
Wow I nomally would not say anything but guys don't you think this is getting out of hand? Yes we know that verizon made the decision to go with what seems to be a different version of the the touch pro. You would think that verizon is the devil the way they get slammed around here as if any of there practices where new. Where did did it ever state that they (verizon) would release the exact same version of the the touch pro? Gees guys act like they don't have other options (tweaks, hacks or just another phone in general). My bad for the rant but seriously don't you guys think your beating a dead horse already? (back on topic) Seriously we are in the minority here what realisticly could a boycott do at this point?
tweaks dont make up for missing hardware, GPS lockdown and and a crrappy Keyboard.

if the device sucks it sucks. if you have an opinion shoot it. if they hate it all the power to them... just keep it clean and i see no issues with a vzw TP is junk thread. when the glove fits....

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
tweaks dont make up for missing hardware, GPS lockdown and and a crrappy Keyboard.

if the device sucks it sucks. if you have an opinion shoot it. if they hate it all the power to them... just keep it clean and i see no issues with a vzw TP is junk thread. when the glove fits....
I agree with you...it's not like it's slightly crippled...there is just such a huge difference between Verizon's version, and every other carrier. The only way VZ is going to get the message is by not purchasing this device.

Just the placement of the arrow keys on this POS would be enough to sway me from not buying it. I can't even BELIEVE that people are trying to figure out how to save memory on the device. Coming from the mogul, it's such a relief to not have to worry about memory anymore on the touch pro with Sprint.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Hovthagawd is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post

Well the keyboard is more opinion than anything, won't be long before the gps can be unlocked. Yeah i do think it's wrong the way they did things with the pro but is'nt that what we do here make the impossible ....possible? Just from reading you would think that sprints version is a god send when it's launch didnt go smooth either.Either way your right and maybe it's the fact that every other thread turns into the same verizon bash that got me to respond.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started

I agree with the notion here, but the thing is, probably 99% of the people who buy this phone (or any other) will never try to push it to do more than it does out of the box, so they won't really care about the way it's gimped.

In fact, for average, busy users, it's probably cheaper (in terms of time) and easier to just pay Verizon for GPS and tethering than it is to figure out how to use the phone's built-in free alternatives.

Unless THOSE users start to see problems with the phone in big numbers, our very valid frustrations aren't going to amount to a hill of beans.

No offense to fans, but when the market is being dominated by iPhones (that "introduced" features WinMobs have been able to do for years) and BlackBerrys (much less customizable/less laptop-like), getting these phones right will never be a priority.

I have to think Verizon is following the most profitable approach for them: Lock every possible service on the phone to us, knock out some features (such as RAM) that delay obsolescence, and ignore the more advanced whiners, since they'll either leave or figure out their own solution. If they have to go through lawsuits (v710) and reach settlements (5GB "unlimited"), so be it -- it's probably still cheaper than pleasing us.

They really dumb thing is that if they'd put out a great, unlocked phone, we'd probably all turn into their biggest champions and be doing massive free viral advertising for them.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Guys... boycotting only worked in the time of the Civil Rights Movement.

People these days don't even know the difference between RAM, ROM, Turtles, and LCD's.

Ok. So if PPCGeeks boycotts the VZW TP, the other %99.9999999955245478 of the US population will still be fair game for VZW to market their crappy phone to.

Last edited by [sammich]; 11-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

agree with sausy. Ask anyone what RAM is and most people won't know.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro