PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc 6800

SRT 10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone tried the VW Samsung Omnia?

Im using a sprint touch pro. I like the phone, however I have always liked the iphone form factor, thin, big screen etc. I tried an iphone & instinct, however they lack the business essentials I need. The omnia seems to have the large screen, thin, 5mp camera...etc. I do not mind the on screen keyboard, s
any thoughts on this phone compared to the tp? Is it worth the switch?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:41 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Has anyone tried the VW Samsung Omnia?

you may like this, http://m.youtube.com/warning?next=/w...le&gl=US&hl=en
Old 11-29-2008, 02:44 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i haven't tried it yet, but i have seen pics and vids of it... its definitely nice, but i dunno how i'd feel about not having a hardware keyboard. i do like the interface though, maybe we can get that on ours one day.

my main problems with the instinct and iphone are fairly similar... their os' don't support open source apps, so its highly annoying trying to find ways around something. neither is very customizable. the onmnia seems to have a lot, and windows mobile as well, so... it looks pretty badass on paper.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:45 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

how about a poll on it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=445140
Old 11-29-2008, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the Verizom Omnia, and no its not crippled,
624 MHZ Processer
8 Gig internal memory and suports 16 gig micro sd
5 mp cam
Optical Mouse
TV Out
FM Radio with RDS
Podcast
Visual Voicemail

The Touch Pro is great, but as you all know its got some issues with my carrier Verizon.

Last edited by kyrumo; 11-29-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:10 AM
i don't miss blackberry

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

maybe thats why they crippled the touch pro...maybe they get more money from samsung than htc........? sounds like a sprint move to me. they pulled that **** with the sanyo m1... they didn't advertise it, and then discontinued it when the lg muziq came out. they both had the same features, but the m1 was far superior.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:14 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
maybe thats why they crippled the touch pro...maybe they get more money from samsung than htc........? sounds like a sprint move to me. they pulled that **** with the sanyo m1... they didn't advertise it, and then discontinued it when the lg muziq came out. they both had the same features, but the m1 was far superior.
Verizon always seems to fu-k with HTC devices and never with Samsungs.

Was the M1 real thick
Old 11-29-2008, 03:16 AM
i don't miss blackberry

it was thicker than other sanyo phones but at the time, those phones didn't have a lot of memory, music players, or even a file explorer...but about the same thickness of the muziq that replaced it.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
it was thicker than other sanyo phones but at the time, those phones didn't have a lot of memory, music players, or even a file explorer...but about the same thickness of the muziq that replaced it.
Thats funny, when I was with Sprint thats all I would buy is the Sanyo phones, They were so ahead of the compitition back then.

Dam i'm getting old
Old 11-29-2008, 03:31 AM
i don't miss blackberry

haha, yeah.. me too. i've been with sprint for a decade, and had every sanyo phone that they came out with. my last sanyo was the m1. then i switched to the touch pro because i really needed something with more funtionality. but sanyo had the best build quality and definitely the best reception... my favorite was the 4900... that thing was one tough brick. i ran it over with my bronco and it still worked fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro