PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Pro randomly turns its self off

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Swerv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

how do u hard reset?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

soychulo is a n00b

I'm having the same problem. It began after installing Juicy 4.6. I've done soft reset, hard reset. Installed Juicy 4.7. Soft reset, hard reset. It just turns itself off. I have the settings for the phone to stay on both on battery and external power. Something is amiss. Why does it turn itself off? Missing too many calls, texts, alarms, etc. because of this.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro 2

oferico1 is a n00b

I am having the same problem. every now and then does not matter the time of day or battery power left. I will go to Sprint store and try to see if they will give me a new one.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 --> Mogul --> Diamond --> TouchPro

imcoolerthanyouare77 is a n00b

Been having the same problem. I can't use a case at work, so I keep it in my pocket. Pull it out half the time and the phone is off. I played with it for a while and realized if you put a tiny bit of pressure in exactly the right spot on the back, it dies. I took it into the local store and couldn't get it to do it again. The tech took it apart, said there's nothing wrong, and if she couldn't duplicate it then there's nothing to be done (also told me she's never worked on these phones, suggested a PRL update to fix the issue....WTF?). I'm going to call the store in the next city and try to get it replaced there.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Lurker

rebirth24 is a n00b

I am having a similar problem with the phone shutting off when it feels like it. Noticed one day that my phone locked up at 3:48am and ever since then it has been shutting off randomly. Not very good when I use it as an alarm in the morning.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

My phone started constantly rebooting itself yesterday...for no reason. I came home for lunch..my phone was acting fine. When I left my house, I soft reset it because it was acting sluggish, and put it in my pocket. I heard the "radio on" sound like it was turning back on...then 2 mins later heard it again. When I got into my office, it did it again. When I looked at it, it was booting into TF3D. As soon as TF3D fully loaded, it restarted again. I had to hard reset it, and now its fine.

I have no idea why this happened. I haven't installed anything new on it for over 2 weeks. I've been using the GPS alot latley for Geocaching, so I had installed 3 or 4 GPS programs a few weeks ago (BeelineGPS, RichesseGPS, GeoScout, and GPSToday.) They have all been working fine....I don't think they caused a problem.

Oh well...I was using an older Rom anyway and wanted to flash...so I guess this is the PHoneGod's way of telling me to do it now

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

dablackking2992 is a n00b

i have a Tp and it only comes on to the point where it says touch pro it only does this when connected to a my usb charger i brought since i lost the orginal. i have tried a soft reset and a hard rest nothing works

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro