PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   dropped my TP the other day... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46963)

s1l3ntm0use 11-29-2008 01:13 AM

dropped my TP the other day...

Title says it all. Was in the parking lot and attempted to slip my TP into my pocket and dropped it on the hard, gravel-like ground on the day I wasn't using my silicone casing ](*,). There are a few surface scratches and a couple deep scratches on the chrome where the chrome seems to have scratched off (I can see through to the black plastic underneath). The chrome corners were the only sections that were hit (thank God!). No pictures now, don't have my camera - left it in my apartment. I know I probably can't but, is there a way to get rid of some or all of the scratches or restore the chipped chrome? Thanks in advance

mr.jcarter 11-29-2008 01:18 AM

Re: dropped my TP the other day...

I had my first drop a couple days ago. I actually had it in the OEM case though, but as many of us know the velcro on it isn't the best, the device came out and fell to the concrete. But yea, I don't think there is much you can do as far as the chipped chrome.

CareTake12 11-29-2008 02:13 AM

If you can't live with it, email ecare and add insurance and then replace it.

mrleon82 11-29-2008 02:35 AM

i dropped mine also....this sucks! chrome got
chipped in the corners. seems like the chrome
frame cane be removed. does anyone know if theres
any site where they sale TP parts, maybe housings?
if that chrome frame can be replaced, then we'll
be back in business with a new phone. let me know

orlandojumpoff 11-29-2008 04:42 AM

i dropped mine yesterday too..but on carpet... still.. long drop
everything seems to be working alright so far

carrot 11-29-2008 11:09 AM

I'm so afraid to drop my TP from Verizon. This device seems like it's going to explode once I drop it! I'm afraid for the square corners. My BB Curve dropped lots of time (concrete, asphalt, wood floor) and never broke. Although I did lay on it on my side while looking under the car and that crushed a few pieces.

I really hope some good accessories goes out soon for it to protect it.

JeffdaBeat 11-29-2008 12:03 PM

I dropped mine the other day from about 5 1/2 feet. on the floor. No carpet. No chips and it works great.

Exil3d 11-29-2008 12:38 PM

I have not dropped mibes at all. But funny thing is the chrome was chipped out the box on the butoom. They are very tiny like creaters. I did take it to my local Sprint astore and they said they would swap it since its a defect but they have no more Pros.

gullwingdmc 11-29-2008 04:41 PM

I dropped mine from about 2 feet onto asphalt, got a nice dent i the metal chrome back and scratches on all 4 of the front plastic chrome. Ive found a silver sharpie matches nicely, but it seems to rub off quickly. Im going to try to color it in then leave it overnight to dry. Ive heard Sprint is aware of the problem, and stores have been swapping it out. Any one tried this?

a1aone 11-29-2008 05:47 PM

Im being really careful so I dont drop mine.