PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: best video playback settings to avoid jerky playback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
I use SPB Mobile DVD at 640x480 resolution at about 500MB and mv vids play flawless. Im playing the vids in TCPMP on various settings and they all look good. The older vids from my mogul in 320x240 might show slight digitizing on really fast action scenes but that expected bcuz of the lower vid quality anyway. I have to say SPB really does work well.
Could you run a TCPMP benchmark for us of a few minutes of one of your DVD rips?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Cool Re: best video playback settings to avoid jerky playback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I am a very heavy anime watcher. And found that the best conversion program is AlltoAvi which is free. http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/ I use tcpmp as it preforms as good and sometimes even better that core player even if it is older.

What is great about this program is that it allows you to add soft encoded subtitles from mkv and mp4 files. That isn't needed in avi files are they are already encoded into the video. Just make sure to enable it.

I usually set the resolution at 640 and keep aspect ratio locked to add bars instead of stretching it.

Bi-cubic
Video endoder: XVID
Audio Bitrate: 96 (I'm sure increasing will not hurt)

never use restricted mode as it sometimes recomends.
Thanks I will be trying this out when I make it home tonight. I have 8-man after but the format is mkv and it runs like crap hope converting it over to avi it will play better on coreplayer!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 12-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

youll likely see performance increases using coreplayer vs TCPMP. TCPMP is essentially the free beta version that progressed into coreplayer which is constantly updated. TCPMP hasnt been updated in quite a while and lacks directdraw enhancements since no phones used it at the time. Id highly suggest buying coreplayer its worth the $20 or so.

I have full movies, about 300-400mb, which play perfectly smooth on coreplayer. i didnt encode them myself so i dont know what they were encoded at, but they pull a 140% benchmark at 35fps on coreplayer and play perfectly clear and smooth.

Its all about proper encoding, as ive stressed in other threads complaining about 3d drivers. 140% 35fps is a perfectly acceptable benchmark and the video is perfectly smooth.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Sprint

Joker :) is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Joker :)

i use any dvd converter pro set to iphone profile and resolution at 640x480 and the video plays perfect makes me wonder if anybody else uses this program obviously not as videos play at very high resolution even on windows mobile media player...
Old 12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dafuse is a n00b

Just a heads up about the free upgrades for Core Player: I bought it from Handango a while back, and when CP got upgraded, I wrote to CP to get it. They told me to go to Handango to get it, that it was the only way. So I went to Handango, but since CP doesn't allow a trial version, I couldn't download the update. The only way to get it was to pay for the download protection at Handango, and then I could get the newest version of CP.

Just FYI.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How do u do the benchmark tests?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
How do u do the benchmark tests?
Load the video, then File>Benchmark. After a few minutes, tap the screen and the benchmark results will display.

If there is a lot of credits at the beginning of the file (i.e. very simple, static scenes), go to Settings > Advanced and check "Benchmark from current position". Then go to a more active part of the video and benchmark from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro