PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:45 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: best video playback settings to avoid jerky playback?

i can't find any settings that make it play anything worth watching. i download a lot of tv shows, and honestly, cp plays them the worst. they're jerky, laggy, and just terrible. it gives me a headache. its not a fluid experience at all.

if anyone has any settings suggestions, that would be awesome, cause i can't seem to get it to work right.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i can't find any settings that make it play anything worth watching. i download a lot of tv shows, and honestly, cp plays them the worst. they're jerky, laggy, and just terrible. it gives me a headache. its not a fluid experience at all.

if anyone has any settings suggestions, that would be awesome, cause i can't seem to get it to work right.
What type of encoding are they using?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
i don't miss blackberry

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

624x352
23fps
142kbps
12 bit video
xvid
audio:
134kbps
mp3

this is just one file that i know didn't play well at all. i try to reencode them down to a smaller res, and less audio quality, but even that doesn't work all the time.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswebdesign View Post
I have the divx mobile player and am playing an AVI, 23 minutes, 153mb, 640x480 so i can do tv-out if i want.
The sound is fine but the video plays sort of jerky. Is there nothing I can do about it other than to reduce the quality of the video either by framerate/resolution/etc?
is there another player like TCPMP that will play the file more smoothly or is it just a limitation of the phone itself (not enough processing power).
thanks
I am using TCPMP with great success. To me it's very smooth although there might be a frame drop here or there but it's not very common. I use SPB Mobile DVD to convert to TCPMP and run at max quality.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

Core Player is playing pretty good for me! I have a tv show playing flawless..so i just dont understand whats going on with everyones experience with it!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
624x352
23fps
142kbps
12 bit video
xvid
audio:
134kbps
mp3

this is just one file that i know didn't play well at all. i try to reencode them down to a smaller res, and less audio quality, but even that doesn't work all the time.
What player are you using? This should be within the realm of mostly smooth playback from TCPMP or Coreplayer.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:51 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you purchase CorePlayer from here http://www.handango.com/catalog/Prod...oductId=198168 & use the code EXTEND15 u can get it for $25.46 if you don't won't the download protection (personally I save my downloaded files to a flash drive) This coupon expires Dec 1
Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 AM
i don't miss blackberry

i'm using coreplayer v1.2.5 build 4506...

it rarely plays anything at a framerate worth watching. its very disappointing. i've tried pretty much every setting combination to get it to work right.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Now where have I seen that build number before
My tests with that Coreplayer show about a 20% benchmark gain on TCPMP Recomp 3 on converted DVDs at 640x360, 500mb (~500kbps I think). Playback is watchable with the occasional skip on TCPMP and smooth through with Coreplayer. Plays most other things I throw at it, Xvid and Divx encoded.

Can you PM me details about the file you are having problems with? I'd like to give it a try.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:43 AM
i don't miss blackberry

i don't have the install file anymore, i deleted it. its around though. i don't know whats up with it... everyone else is saying that its working ok, and for me, its running pretty terribly. i'll have to play with the settings some more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro