PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

redlegend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to redlegend Send a message via MSN to redlegend
help? touch pro input (phone keypad and compact qwerty) only symbols!

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere (I looked here and at XDA), but I seem to have somehow set the default for both input options to symbols only. I'm running a Verion TP with a few of the tweaks and mods I found here (including Diamond Tweak). There's an option for "turn on one touch symbol entry" but even with that not selected, it seems to be doing exactly that? Anyone know a registry edit that would help? thanks in advance!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zetec is a n00b
Re: help? touch pro input (phone keypad and compact qwerty) only symbols!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegend View Post
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere (I looked here and at XDA), but I seem to have somehow set the default for both input options to symbols only. I'm running a Verion TP with a few of the tweaks and mods I found here (including Diamond Tweak). There's an option for "turn on one touch symbol entry" but even with that not selected, it seems to be doing exactly that? Anyone know a registry edit that would help? thanks in advance!
I have a Sprint TP (Stock Rom) and I am having the same problem. The on-screen keyboard will only let me type symbols and numbers, even if i hit the button to switch to ABC nothing changes, and that particular button is a little greyed out. I didn't always have this problem, but I haven't changed any settings on my device recently. I have both checked and unchecked the "one touch symbol entry" setting, but no change. Any help on this issue would be appreciated, it seems like it may just be a bug in the HTC QWERTY application.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

star6700 is a n00b
Re: help? touch pro input (phone keypad and compact qwerty) only symbols!

I had the same problem because I didn't do the Old School Word Correction keyboard tweak properly (see "Get Old School word correction back (same as was on Mogul, etc) - Latest Cab here - Older Information:Updated information here and here. UPDATED 11/24/2008" in the Touch Pro Essentials sticky post). I undid the changes and my ABC button starting working again properly. There are already a few threads on this problem (which is how I figured it out yesterday)
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro