PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 12:05 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
VZW Pro

Listen, we all know that the VZW Pro is gimped. You knew before you bought it that the Sprint version was jacked and yours was gimped. So why are you complaining? I see people complaining about speed and memory left and right! To put it simply the Verizon Pro sucks. You knew this! If you wanted you could have switched to Sprint, but you just sit there and complain. It is like wanting to go to a fancy restaurant and going to McDonalds knowing that it is a fast food place.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: VZW Pro

Good point, hibby.

This thread, however, will probably be merged or locked =[

The thing is though that most VZW users aren't defending the Pro. They know their Pro is subpar. I think its more of a carrier loyalty thing.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Listen, we all know that the VZW Pro is gimped. You knew before you bought it that the Sprint version was jacked and yours was gimped. So why are you complaining? I see people complaining about speed and memory left and right! To put it simply the Verizon Pro sucks. You knew this! If you wanted you could have switched to Sprint, but you just sit there and complain. It is like wanting to go to a fancy restaurant and going to McDonalds knowing that it is a fast food place.

End yourself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b

verizonTOUCH24 is a n00b

there is a difference between it being slightly gimped and it being laggy as HELL which without tweaks, it really is.

i cant wait to see some of the big websites review this phone (why isnt there one yet?)
Old 11-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonTOUCH24 View Post
there is a difference between it being slightly gimped and it being laggy as HELL which without tweaks, it really is.

i cant wait to see some of the big websites review this phone (why isnt there one yet?)
Probably because VZW paid them off...

All attention is on the BB Storm
Old 11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Touch Pro
Carrier: Was Verizon, now Sprint

rransburgh is just getting started

This is the reason I jumped ship and went to sprint. $99 for simply everything helped too.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
The thing is though that most VZW users aren't defending the Pro. They know their Pro is subpar. I think its more of a carrier loyalty thing.
For me it's not Carrier loyalty.

For me personally it's because the wife works there and you cant beat the Employee Discount. For others it's "The Network" you may scoff but when I had Sprint, I did lose allot of calls in fringe areas. And for some it could be their company is with VZW and they have no choice.

Yes we know the VZW version is gimped. We have no choice in the matter. Unless you have funds coming out of your arse to buy at full price a unlocked TP and put the VWW radio ROM on it, but are screwed if it breaks. We have little or no choice in the matter.

Now in a previous post....this is what PPCGeeks is about.....a carrier locked and gimped a phone....lets put away the Carrier animosity and get this thing cracked so those of us that have to use it...can enjoy it allot more!

Last edited by TheShaz; 11-28-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

there's not much to be done
everyone knew the gimped version and still bought it
see this is what doesn't make sense. If you're spending xxx amount on this, you may want to hit up craigslist or ebay
then again even I want a new phone from vzw and the samsung omnia would make a great media player...but not a phone
Old 11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaz View Post
Now in a previous post....this is what PPCGeeks is about.....a carrier locked and gimped a phone....lets put away the Carrier animosity and get this thing cracked so those of us that have to use it...can enjoy it allot more!
Great words - but why do I have to spend a weekend (or longer) loading a ROM and getting my phone to a point where it should have been released in the first place? Most people in here probably don't mind doing that, and see it more as a challenge and dare I say even fun? However, the majority of people are not going to load a different ROM much less "tweak" their phone in order to get it to work "decently"!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

JFC. Beat a dead horse much everyone?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro