PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz
Re: VZW Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
there's not much to be done
They people here can come up with cooked ROM's that trim the fat off the Stock install to give us more usable RAM.

They can unlock the GPS.

The phone can be very usable and returnable for a replacement if it breaks.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Verizon

viper3two is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, for me it is not carrier loyalty. Trust me, I would tell VZW to stick this phone and their prices in their a$$ with no grease. I hate them and have had it up to here with their shenanigans. But, it is the ONLY choice I have here. AT&T service is terrible, I don't even have a Sprint store under 60 miles from here, and forget US Cellular, they suck worse than AT&T....so I am stuck with VZW. It is the only carrier that works in this rural area I am in.
And YES I totally agree those jacka$$es gimped the TP! I knew they would and hell just to make it worse, they charge 50 bux more for the gimped device. I am not wining at all, I am just trying to figure it out...and here is my reason:::::
First, I have seen posts from VZW users that their device is fine. Me and verizontouch24 and a few others are seeing that their devices are laggy beyond using. So I am here just to see if I could get some help because lord knows Verizon will not help you at all. I am contemplating returning my Touch Pro, but I have been waiting FOREVER for this phone to come out and I hate to do something like that. My only other choice is to go backward to a xv6800 (mogul) or go with the Omnia...which has no keyboard.
So, if you Sprint users would please quit jumping me for asking simple questions, I would appreciate it. I am not here to whine about my device, I am here to get help. YES I know that the Sprint version runs a hell of alot better than the garbage version from Verizon, but there is nothing I can do about it other than return it...but I like it so much I don't want to do that.
Now that I have said all that, I do have one question/comment. Here it is:

First, I posted in the other VZW Touch Pro asking about build date and rom date of other VZW users. Of course, I got slammed and it never got answered. (oh god here we go again, another vzw user complaining)....

The other item I wanted to ask is do you think it is ram or something else? Here is my reasoning:
I have a friend that has the xv6800 mogul. That poor thing just has like 40mb on it for programs, and running stuff has only 8 or 10mb free...YET, the damn thing is blazingly fast.
My TP has 113mb for programs, 85mb in use and around 30mb free. With nothing running but TF3D.
So if a xv6800 is so dang snappy and tight, and only has 8-10mb free with 40mb to start out with, why is this thing lagging behind 5-7 seconds for everything? I mean...it is not just slow, it is terrrrrrrribly slow. Tried 3x hard resets and all.....and I dont think it could be a memory issue being that I have 30mb free....compared to the mogul with 8mb free and it rocks.....
You see my point? So that is what I am asking. Any thoughts here? Do you think that maybe its just a sucky rom from VZW or do you really think that the lower spec is what the issue is? Just trying to find out to see if I should return it or not.

So VZW users, what is your build date and rom date?
Mine are:
Build date stamped below battery: 10/19/08.
Rom 10/01/08
Rom version 1.03.605.4

Thank you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry to do this right after that long post viper, but a thread made just to flame other users just won't stay open. I hope you get your answers though, perhaps ask in a different thread

Last edited by Certs; 11-28-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro