PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where can i get a replacement stylus?

I'm down to one stylus, and i'd like a spare on hand.

I can't seem to find a reliable source for a proper replacement, specifically an OEM stylus.

I find these

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI...li+3+Pack.html

3 for $20, which feels like a total rip. but as you can see, it's not the same stylus.

In fact, you'll see they photoshopped a Sprint logo on the GSM version. Nice.

I tried a forum search, but wasn't able to find anything definitive.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Where can i get a replacement stylus?

Just go into a local Sprint store and ask for one... They usually have a spare... Just say you lost your last one and you really need it.. Being polite and respectful will help you out immensely..
Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

I agree with BD, a polite attempt at the Sprint Store is your best economic bet right now as the aftermarket world is pretty lean currently when looking for a TP stylus on the cheap.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post

I can't seem to find a reliable source for a proper replacement, specifically an OEM stylus.

I find these

3 for $20, which feels like a total rip. but as you can see, it's not the same stylus.

Here you go. Hope it Helps.

Thanks T M Z

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2759
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post

I find these

I'll sell you one for ten bucks

LOL just kidding...I couldnt resist.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I always go to Sprint stores and they always have spares. just ask them nicely. If they say they dont have noone,,,, tell them you gonna shoot up the place. lol.. kiddinn jus kiddinn...
Old 11-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

i'll keep that in mind. i don't like the idea of hitting up the store for freebies, but if they're smart they pull the styli out of return/repair units for just such an occasion.

Actually, i can live without the stylus, but i don't like the hole that remains.
i think i'm going to file the little nub off the stylus so it's harder to remove accidentally.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

The Sprint store sclosest to me never seems to have any kind of 'extra' anything around. And it is a 'repair center'. But they keep telling me that accessories for the Touch Pro are 'on the way'. (however, this is the store that didn't even get a the Diamond in until just before the Pro came out, and didn't even have the 'fake' phones for people to look at - so I don't think they are too 'with it' ).
Old 11-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

My local Sprint store has given me 2 styli for free. And a battery cover and a battery.

It depends how friendly they are.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
My local Sprint store has given me 2 styli for free. And a battery cover and a battery.

It depends how friendly they are.
i always send my girl in to ask the hotshots at my sprint store. she throws them off there game, then i walk in and ask for a styli. Lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro