PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Weird new glitch?

There is an issue with emails and texts with vibration notification getting the vibration stuck on. It is usually infrequent, but obviously is a problem. The only known way to stop it is turn off vibration notification for those.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

mtnmedic is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
There is an issue with emails and texts with vibration notification getting the vibration stuck on. It is usually infrequent, but obviously is a problem. The only known way to stop it is turn off vibration notification for those.
I think I read about that somewhere and it's not unique to the TP, either. However, I've NEVER had vibe set for emails/texts. I get wayyyy too many messages, which are all pushed to me, and my hip would be pretty worn in from all that vibration.

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

mtnmedic is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAlaniz View Post
I've posted a few times regarding this issue and its still been happening to me off and on. I've downloaded just a few basic programs and with nothing running it will continuously vibrate at any random moment (charging, incoming calls, missed texts/e-mails)! Don't know what to do but cry to Sprint and get a new one.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. How long have you had your TP? I've had mine since the 1st of this month and this is the first time the problem occurred for me. Since the 2nd event, it's not happened but I'm going to try later tonight to sync/charge it via USB to my PC all night and see if the problem happens again by morning.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo and Palm Pre

tn_friend is just getting started

I have had this happen a couple of times on my Touch Pro, also I had it happen eight times or so on my Diamond....both while on the charger and not.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Happened to me too at odd times. Once or twice. First time was SCARY and I actually thought I'd have to take out the battery - I felt like a fool when I realized I could do a soft reset instead

If it happens often I'd say replace the phone - no app or modification should cause it. I say should, not can.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Try to swap for a new phone. I have a variety of apps installed, I usb sync/charge all night every night, and have vibrate alerts for all events. I get multiple texts and emails overnight and this has not been a problem for me (Knock on wood). Its a pretty fair assumption to thin that there is just a batch of poorly made phones that were rushed to meet a release date. A new handset might fiz all that for you.

[

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro