PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable
Unhappy TP: Music Tripping!

Okay, this happened to my girlfriends touch pro - and i did a hard reset cause i couldnt figure it out.

All of a sudden, we cant hear ringtones when we get messages. And when we scroll to music in touchflo - you press play and it just goes thru the entire library, never playing anything.

When I go to Windows media player, it wont open. Nor will it play my files form file explorer.

I really dont wanna do another reset for fear this will happen again. My comp did a virus scan and came up with nothing. I'm lost. everything else works just fine. Just ringtones and music are screwed.

HELP!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Re: TP: Music Tripping!

I am backin up all my files and contacts - guess its a hard reset. -
Old 11-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I had that happen... I just turned the phone off and turned it back on.. It seemed to fix the problem and I haven't had the issue pop up since...
Old 11-27-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tired that and soft resets - I dont know whats wrong - maybe ill wait and call sprint tomorrow and see. Thanks tho!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insatiable View Post
I tired that and soft resets - I dont know whats wrong - maybe ill wait and call sprint tomorrow and see. Thanks tho!
try turning the phone off and pulling the battery.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Not to make you sound like an idiot, but you did make sure your volume is turned up right? Just gotta ask because I have done this before too.. You can do another Hard Reset and it will not do any damage to it... It is smart of you to back up your files and contacts... Just a heads up... You can click the Thanks icon too to give thanks.. Your welcome though... You should be able to get a new phone..
Old 11-27-2008, 05:42 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

great app. for backup before hard reset. spb link. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/ also pim link. http://freewareppc.com/database/pimbackup.shtml

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-27-2008 at 05:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I thought you can only use the ringtones for ringers, I don't think it works for texts.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks everyone....

yes i checked the volume - had done that before myself! but like when you scroll to music, and press play - it flickers and scrolls between all the songs on that album and doesnt play. WM player wouldnt even open. All system sounds worked fine, but not ringtones or music.

I did the hard reset but backed everything up on dashwire. I'll check out the other back up software as well

Thanks for takin the time to respond! You guys rock!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insatiable View Post
Thanks everyone....

yes i checked the volume - had done that before myself! but like when you scroll to music, and press play - it flickers and scrolls between all the songs on that album and doesnt play. WM player wouldnt even open. All system sounds worked fine, but not ringtones or music.

I did the hard reset but backed everything up on dashwire. I'll check out the other back up software as well

Thanks for takin the time to respond! You guys rock!
no problem, thats why were here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro