PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: HTC Touch Pro - Verizon version
Better phone design (case) than sprints? 10 12.82%
Verzion could have done better? 48 61.54%
HTC is mis-representing this version of the phone 30 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Lurker

Squantodog is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon - HTC Touch Pro comparisons\diff

This Thread is intended for those who have the HTC Touch Pro from Verizon (XV6850) and want to discuss the differences with this device vs the other Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Since I have the device I am more than willing to share with anyone about questions about device specs, roms, included apps, what works, what is missing, etc.

My initial thoughts... I just got mine yesterday and really like the devices. It is very finger print prone!!! The case it self is very slippery in the hand, so I can't wait for Seido to get the accessories for this device! Video is great, but the battery life is greatly effected by the brighter screen. It is slightly different than the Sprint version by means of the buttons and casing. I have looked at a lot of webs sites including HTC, and the HTC touch pro is mis-represented in terms of the looks of the device. For example if you go to HTC web site there is nothing about the ATT Fuze, but I swear this is more like the fuze than the real HTC Touch Pro they mention on the HTC web site ( I am going to call them next week to see if I can get a new back cover (if it will fit). The difference is the back cover of the HTC Poo is old school as opposed to the diamond facing. It also does not have the forward facing camera. I also tried a few hacks on the GPS enabling such a nue, but no luck yet. (let me know when it is a cab).
It was released on November 24th. I check the day before at 10:30 pm but it was not listed then when I checked at 7 am the next day it was listed under the PDA phones. They have released the Storm, so they spent no time advertizing this device. I went to 3 different verizon stores and none of them even knew of the device or know anything about it. I got mine through a 30 day device exchange. I called in on monday and it came in by wednesday at 11 am.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Verizon - HTC Touch Pro comparisons\diff

So far I've heard that the YouTube app and IM is missing.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

a member late last night said his was very laggy. only running tf and mem. down 75%. ill find the link, i may be off a little, but he dont like his. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46740

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-27-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:50 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

sorry to say this but the verizon pro flat out sucks

Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²
Carrier: Sprint

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work

||............||
||..................||
||..................||
||..................||
||..................||
||__________..||
| ^---HTC---<- |
| ____O ____ |
| W ________M |
|_____________|

Bertha O' bot 2009 FIRST ROBOTS
Old 11-27-2008, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerrus78 View Post
||............||
||..................||
||..................||
||..................||
||..................||
||__________..||
| ^---HTC---<- |
| ____O ____ |
| W ________M |
|_____________|
i got this from
----> Exil3d <----
----------
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerrus78 View Post
i got this from
----> Exil3d <----
----------

LOL! Hilarious! You like? Anyways.. I am tryng to keep the flames away from threads.. So if anyone got anything bad to say about the Sprint or VZN Pro's.. go here and post away!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46784
Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Eh. The VZW people are pissed too. They aren't really defending the TP.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

VZN Pro ppl are mad as hell. And they aint gonna take it! I understand thou.. I would be mad as hell if I waited this long and finally get it and realized I cant multitask with it cuz of the robbed ram. VZN.. I welcome you all to Sprint. Switch and teach them a lesson. I am serious. And Sprint does have good coverage too.Forget all the nonsense of "Its the network". Sprint is equally as good. Maybe not 100 % but close.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre - HTC Hero

namtaru is a n00b

Am I the only person that isn't having any problems with their phone?
It's fast, no lag, TF3D runs like a dream

Any issues i am having (battery, etc) the same issues exist on the sprint model

yes there is no GPS yet, but i find it hilarious people who post on forums like this are whining about something like that, as they are most likely to flash a new rom, which we all know will re-enable it

also once again, a video of TF3D demo
http://namtaru.com/uploads/2008/Files/TF3D_Demo.avi

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro