PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bahl85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bahl85 Send a message via Skype™ to bahl85
Question Turning Screen's Orientation Help!!

Hi -

I am new to the whole PPC World, but I did decide to jump in and get the HTC Touch Pro from Sprint. I love it so far! =D>

I have a question for everyone out there who has one of these to see if it is just my phone or something I'm missing...

You know how on an iPhone, when you turn the actual phone so you are looking at it horizontally (instead of vertically like normal), the screen for the phone changes its orientation automatically? Can that happen with the Touch Pro?

My phone will only change its orientation when I pull out the keyboard for the most part. I noticed last night that when I was on the Opera browser with the keyboard pushed in, that my screen's orientation changed when turning it horizontally, but it wont do it automatically with texting and such.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this just how it works? It would be kinda cool to be able to respond to text by just turning my phone and using the larger touch-screen keyboard that you get when you are holding the phone horizontally instead of having to pop out the keyboard.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-27-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Turning Screen's Orientation Help!!

Do a search here or Live Search for Gyrator 2. After installing it, you can have all the applications respond to the accerlometer in the phone and even exclude the ones that don't quite work so well. BTW, it works for all four directions of the phone (even upside down, although the buttons don't seem to work right in that orientation...) plus you can respond to face down and face up events and stylus inserts and removals too. It looks daunting from the web site, but you'll get good results just installing it with the default settings then when you feel like modding it, the options are there.

Personally, i turned off the stylus functionality and the rest is operating as normal.

Great app. Consider donating if you use it (no I am NOT the author, nor do I know them).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Turning Screen's Orientation Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMarduk View Post
Do a search here or Live Search for Gyrator 2. After installing it, you can have all the applications respond to the accerlometer in the phone and even exclude the ones that don't quite work so well. BTW, it works for all four directions of the phone (even upside down, although the buttons don't seem to work right in that orientation...) plus you can respond to face down and face up events and stylus inserts and removals too. It looks daunting from the web site, but you'll get good results just installing it with the default settings then when you feel like modding it, the options are there.

Personally, i turned off the stylus functionality and the rest is operating as normal.

Great app. Consider donating if you use it (no I am NOT the author, nor do I know them).
Agreed. Gyrator 2 has all the features you'd ever need and more.

While you're getting new software, try picking up the Lightsaber app to harass all your iPhone buddies!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro