PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Lurker

cjconover859 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Call Failure Error Code 67

When trying to use my TP as a modem I received an error message. The message was "Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your pcs vision user name and/or password may be incorrent. Please try again." I installed the tethering fix and still receive the same message. Any ideas?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Data Call Failure Error Code 67

Try running IOTA again. I think it's Start>Settings>System>Phone and it's somewhere in there.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Malarias Agenda is a n00b
Smile Re: Data Call Failure Error Code 67

I had a similar problem... turns out I just hadn't paid the bill.... did you try that?
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarias Agenda View Post
I had a similar problem... turns out I just hadn't paid the bill.... did you try that?

Well, that would probably cause a few problems...
Old 12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yup, I forgot to pay my bill as well and had the same thing!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

on the touch pro goto startmenu | settings | update profile <----- this is the new IOTA.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
on the touch pro goto startmenu | settings | update profile <----- this is the new IOTA.
Ah thanks! I was wondering where it was
Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

I would install a registry editor, and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/InternetSharing and make sure the isext.dll key is deleted. Then check under /Settings to make sure the ForceCellConnection key is either set to Sprint or just deleted. If those are both fine, then the Update Profile option should get you back on the ground and running.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjconover859 View Post
When trying to use my TP as a modem I received an error message. The message was "Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your pcs vision user name and/or password may be incorrent. Please try again." I installed the tethering fix and still receive the same message. Any ideas?
b4 reg editing, if the update profile thing don't work, sprint TSS could get you your AAA password...get it-
1)then dial ##3282#/edit-enter msl(there's a thread floating on this site that'll help you get your msl)
2)make sure your NAI matches your NAI on sprint.com/make sure your AAA password matches what they gave
3)for kicks, make sure your HA password is the word "secret"
4)hit ok....soft reset?? try again
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

gatornuke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop View Post
I would install a registry editor, and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/InternetSharing and make sure the isext.dll key is deleted. Then check under /Settings to make sure the ForceCellConnection key is either set to Sprint or just deleted. If those are both fine, then the Update Profile option should get you back on the ground and running.
i did that, and now i only have the "settings" folder under "internetSharing" in my registry. There was another folder in there earlier that is no longer there. The result is that now the "connect" button on internet sharing is greyed out, so it does not work at all. I have an HTC touch.

I tied the IOTA thing. on the touch it is accessible through the phone options (in comm manager, click settings>phone>internet>get settings>start ... i get a message saying "preparing vision services," followed by "error code 1012"

Long story short... solution does not work, phone is more broken now. Any suggestions other than hard resetting and loosing all my software?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro