PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sometimes TP wont charge? How to fix?

Sometimes when I plug my TP in to the charger it will not charge (eg the battery icon does not change to a charge icon). It gets annoying when you plug it in, are about ready to leave and check it and the battery is fully drained hasnt even been charging at all. One way to workaround this is to hold the power button, turn the device fully off. Then you'll notice the touch pad light up so charging has begun, then you have to turn the unit back on.. Why is this and how do you fix?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sometimes TP wont charge? How to fix?

hmmm.. odd that you have to turn it off 1st..

could be the cord.. r u using the stock one that came with it, or an aftermarket non branded charger?? if its non branded, could be it doesnt have enough output to actually charge your handset while apps are running, which would explain why it only works after you turn off, then turn on..

could be your usb port.. theres been plenty of people with port issues.. you MFG warranty or your insurance can get that fixed free of charge im sure..

...lastly, mind filling in your device info??? itll help ya out in the longrun, people wont have to ask you device, carrier, etc...
Old 07-26-2009, 03:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 for the phone info, only thing worse in wrong info. back to op, may have a loose usb port.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bambamsprint is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bambamsprint

some thimes when the phone batery its to hot wont charge at all ~!!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Most likely your phone has over heated and that's why it's not charging.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Just curious, what rom are you using? I have been having the same problem lately running Energy Rom. Im not saying it is definitely the rom, but my phone wont charge sometimes when im talking on it, and have to soft reset to start charging again.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

For me, this noncharging issue is related to phone getting too hot. To see if this is your problem, install neuPower and use this to check the temperature. if the temperature gets to 47 degree it will stop charging when your phone is on or standby.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

I've also started having this problem, but the strange thing is some chargers work while others don't.
My stock wall charger and Sprint brand car charger do not work, but my USB PC cable and 3rd party docking station both work fine.

I've yet to try the power off trick, but will once I get home (or in the car) and see if that works.

FYI, stock ROM

I even took my phone and chargers into the Sprint store the other day to see if they had a solution.
The same results occured there. My chargers would charge one of there phones but not mine.

Last edited by GRB; 07-27-2009 at 02:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro