PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

rastell22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installed Opera 9.5 Build 1957 and can't remove it

Hello Friends -

I just installed an old build of Opera 9.5 (Build 1957) and I would like to remove it to go back to the stock build, but it does not show up in the installed programs list in the "Remove Programs" tool. Does anyone know what I should do to uninstall it? Thanks.

-Ryan
Old 11-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Re: Installed Opera 9.5 Build 1957 and can't remove it

Install the same build again when it promps you there is a previous version would you like to uninstall select yes, when it promps you again to install on device or storage select no, that should uninstall opera.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rastell22 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
Install the same build again when it promps you there is a previous version would you like to uninstall select yes, when it promps you again to install on device or storage select no, that should uninstall opera.

Thanks for responding gutrrob. I tried that, and when I get the message saying that the old version will be removed first, I press OK, but a message box immediatly pops up after that saying that the old version can not be removed. This happened during the original install of the 1957 build and I said OK and kept installing.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

U must have it on the rom which means it cant uninstall
Old 11-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

check in your windows folder there was a .cab file for Opera. idk if it gets overwritten when you install a new one tho. check for it tho its called WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.cab
Old 11-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rastell22 is a n00b

Thanks guys -

What I ended up doing was installing the 2393 Build VGA cab found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401643

That seemed to work.

FYI - The reason I loaded 1957 was for the neat zoom function that allows you to slide your finger up/down along the right side of the screen to zoom in/out. However, this version of Opera would not stay closed! I know that sounds crazy, but after I closed Opera, 10 seconds later it would open again on its own. This would happen over and over again no matter how many times I closed it. This problem is solved with the 2393 build that I am now using. Also, 2393 has a zoom feature that is somewhat similar to the one I described in 1957 except you slide your finder right/left along the bottom of the screen to zoom in/out.

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

Is the Opera mobile 1957 build (the diamond/pro version) legal to install on our moguls etc? I found it in several M2D folders provided by this site. I love the browser on the pro, as it is nice and smooth, easy to use, but is it legal? Skyfire is fine, but if this version of Opera mobile is legal, it'll be my new default browser.

Last edited by SirNathaniel; 01-01-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: confusing info
Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastell22 View Post
Thanks guys -

What I ended up doing was installing the 2393 Build VGA cab found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401643

That seemed to work.

FYI - The reason I loaded 1957 was for the neat zoom function that allows you to slide your finger up/down along the right side of the screen to zoom in/out. However, this version of Opera would not stay closed! I know that sounds crazy, but after I closed Opera, 10 seconds later it would open again on its own. This would happen over and over again no matter how many times I closed it. This problem is solved with the 2393 build that I am now using. Also, 2393 has a zoom feature that is somewhat similar to the one I described in 1957 except you slide your finder right/left along the bottom of the screen to zoom in/out.

Thanks again for your suggestions!
they have build 2649 which works better then the stock opera, thats what i use now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro