PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Video out cable

Seeing the posts on ruining your usb adapter to patch it into a video out cable and taking 20+ minutes to do it to save $30 made me do a search to see if I could find a better priced cable. This cable is the same exact model number and picture as the one on the HTC web site and is considerably cheaper @ $19 + $2.50 shipping. Seemed like a decent value compared to a patchwork one and 20 minutes of my time

http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=171429

The exact same one is listed on the same site for the TP but marked up http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=170917
Old 11-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Video out cable

been posted before in here... and said no to work on pro... idk might be wrong
Old 11-26-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

there is also another thread that is talking about the headphone adapter that came with the pro- that if you break off pin 4 in the mini usb - that you can just plug in any video cable with a 3.5mm headset jack in the end (thus now making it a $5.00 cable and a 3 minute project) I will test it myself once I get home and if it works.. you will hear about it
Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

It should work since the MDA Vario IV is the T-mobile version of the Touch Pro. Just do a google on MDA Vario IV.

Here's one I found.

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news4407.html
Old 11-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
there is also another thread that is talking about the headphone adapter that came with the pro- that if you break off pin 4 in the mini usb - that you can just plug in any video cable with a 3.5mm headset jack in the end (thus now making it a $5.00 cable and a 3 minute project) I will test it myself once I get home and if it works.. you will hear about it
Why would you want to break that adapter when you can get the real cable for $20 which is a reasonable price. I wouldn't want to bust the adapter that came with it since useing a wired headset makes sype calling better than a cell or landline call.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Why would you want to break that adapter when you can get the real cable for $20 which is a reasonable price. I wouldn't want to bust the adapter that came with it since useing a wired headset makes sype calling better than a cell or landline call.
For a few reasons..

1.) the adapter is useless to me - I have very nice bluetooth headphones and do not use skype
2.) the $5 at most for the video cable (though I have a spare from a portable dvd player that no longer works) Is actually much cheaper then $20.00
3.) Its the point to use what you have and not waste..
Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hmmm, because you can replace that adapter with ones for the Mogul for about $3 shipped on EBAY? Also, because the cables you reference are backordered, and overpriced.

That said, I don't have one adapter that covers all the bases - I have an adapter that gives me a regular mini USB port, and a 3.5 mm jack. I have another that gives me usb and 2.5mm.

So it would cost maybe $6 to have separate adapters that give you all the usability of the product that came with the Touch Pro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Seeing the posts on ruining your usb adapter to patch it into a video out cable and taking 20+ minutes to do it to save $30 made me do a search to see if I could find a better priced cable. This cable is the same exact model number and picture as the one on the HTC web site and is considerably cheaper @ $19 + $2.50 shipping. Seemed like a decent value compared to a patchwork one and 20 minutes of my time
http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=171429
The exact same one is listed on the same site for the TP but marked up http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=170917
I had some adaters(still packaged) left over from my broken mogul. I also have lots of A/V cables laying around. It would be quite moronic to waste $20 on something that I will probably use only once. There are many reasons for someone to build the cable instead of buying one. Stop being annoying.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I had some adaters(still packaged) left over from my broken mogul. I also have lots of A/V cables laying around. It would be quite moronic to waste $20 on something that I will probably use only once. There are many reasons for someone to build the cable instead of buying one. Stop being annoying.
At the risk of being annoying.... I was just throwing that info out there for those who don't have 3.5MM to composite cables laying around (decent ones are $5-10 or more), A broken Mogul with spare adapters, or time that is more valueable than sitting around with a magnifying glass and a safety pin trying to bust off a miniUSB pin.

I had 2 Moguls ruined becuse of shorts from bent USB pins and using a magnifying glass, safety pin and jewelers drivers to try and bend them back, was what was truly annoying.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

its funny how people spend hundreds on these phones but cheap out on the accessories... id rather spend 20 bucks than waste my time and have something that may or may not malfunction
if people are scrambling to save 5-10 bucks, maybe they shouldnt have bought this phone in the first place
people doing it because they like playing macgyver... well then thats a different story and more power to them

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro