PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lilmomo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two Issues!!!! Plz Someone Help Me!!!

hi, i have been having two weird issues with my touch pro from sprint. 1) when using the built in keyboard, a lot of text can not be seen, for example, when using the soft buttons to delete a txt or view options, or use spell check i wont see the words delete it will be blank or have a dash... some times i wont see the text im writing untill i click send... why is this????

2) a lot of my calls are not coming though. people tel me they have called me but iit never rang!!! how come?? unless im in roaming no calls will come thru. i get the vmail but no call. plz someone help me on either one of these 2 issues.... thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Two Issues!!!! Plz Someone Help Me!!!

Lillo guy:
First thing I did when I got my TP is a hard reset, have you done that?I am just wondering because that helps keeping in mind that a HR will delete all and bring your TP back to factory settings so a back up solution is a must have.I use Resco as my soft keyboard,however I had to download a cab for auto completion and that is on teh Pro essentials up top. If you wish to try it just look at my posts and you wil find it.
As to no getting calls: does this happen when you are on the net or the TP is just chilling? there is a setting under PHONE/SCE/DDTM make sure that is off. If you are in between Roaming and your carrier signal that happens as well.Try to switch to Roaming only and do some test calls(need a cab for roaming only,it is on the sickies up top)
Good luck man..
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilmomo is a n00b

hi thanks for your help, im not in the mood of hard reseting these days, way to much **** installed, however abt the losing calls, thAt happens when im on the carriers network only, while on roaming im fine, just when ever i go back to sprints network ppl tell me they called 50 times and my phone never rang!!!! it sux!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

A quick search pulls up this from the stickies section: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

PST Tweaks:
First thing you must do is get your MSL. I wrote an app to make this very easy for you, more info on it here. If you have problems getting your MSL, put your phone in flight mode and try again.
You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.

If I helped you, click here

Last edited by jimd144; 11-26-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

how many bars of service do you have when connected to the sprint network, do you have interference in your house that would impede the signal. is your phone programmed correctly? call sprint and ask to speak with tech support so they can run you through some troubleshooting steps. phones dont lose calls that much unless there is a serious problem.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilmomo is a n00b

ok changed that stuff, lets see if it helps the situation for me.... and ne one got ne info on the first issue with the built in keyboard????
Old 11-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

the first problem is more than likely going to have to be cured by a hard reset. unless you are some kind of windows mobile genious. this is not a common issue.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilmomo is a n00b

oh god i have zero patience to backup all my stuff, half of which i dont even know where to get all the edits i did.... wtvr, its all good i guess ill make do for now, maybe once i flash my phone itll be cured... ne one got a rom for me??? i know there r like a billion posts regarding this, but hell im here now and so r u??? got ne ideas??? i want something like wow, to get rid of all the sprint s*&) and give me some cool apps...
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

goto the upgrades section and before you flash anything make sure you understand the steps inside and out in order to minimize any issues with the phone.

and backup your stuff using PIMbackup - free program.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Being in a hurry is a good way to brick your phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro