PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint: Advanced Configuration Tool vs. Diamond TouchFlo3D Configurator Pros/Cons

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between the two and trying to gather information from people who have tried both. It seems like Advance Configuration tool is so much more detailed, but I don't know if 1/2 of the stuff on there is even useful for the Sprint Touch Pro.

Here's the link to the Advanced Configuration Tool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...16&postcount=1
http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...downloads.html

Here's the link to Diamond TouchFlo3D Configurator:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...39&postcount=1

Can anybody give me some solid input into which is better/worse/etc...?

I currently am using the Diamond TouchFlo3D Configurator, but if the Advanced Configurator will allow me to do the same things as the TouchFlo3D Configurator (and more), I'd obviously make the switch.

Thanks for any and all input!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Re: Sprint: Advanced Configuration Tool vs. Diamond TouchFlo3D Configurator Pros/Cons

Bumping because I posted this last night and the thread got lost in all these other ones. If anybody (especially an advanced user) has any input, it'd be much appreciated.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint: Advanced Configuration Tool vs. Diamond TouchFlo3D Configurator Pros/Cons

I used both. They do different things
Old 11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
I used both. They do different things
excellent observation Mr. Obvious =D> lol

Old 11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

I found that both do different things. why not have both?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

how about a break down on what each does differently that might help..
Old 11-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I have used the Diamond TF3D only to remove a tab. I think it is very basic - I did have to delete the tweaks file because of run time errors.
I haven't tried Advance Config because on this forum said to stay away from it. That it could cause major problems with your phone. I don't know that for a fact so I am willing to hear from others.

tsp
Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for the input guys. From what I've researched on Advanced Configuration Tool, it can rearrange position of tabs, just like Diamond TouchFlo3D Configurator. Can the Advanced Confirguration Tool also allow you to remove tabs?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

have adv config but havent tried diamond config yet... the only problem ive heard about with adv config is that certain options may mess with a reg edit that keeps you from answering calls (using soft key on call screen) during data connections... but the solution is posted on baffles essentials page
i havent encoutered this problem cause ive only used a few options..

im interested in what diamond config has to offer too...

drex: yes, i removed the sprint tv tab with adv config
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

drkgouki is a n00b

I've used Advanced Config briefly.

One problem that I have noticed is that it doesn't seem to manage tabs properly on the [Sprint] Touch Pro. For instance, it ALWAYS disables the Sprint TV tab if you edit the tab configuration, regardless of if you wanted to or not. Apparently it doesn't properly set the "page" value inside config file it edits for that tab, probably because the Sprint TV tab isn't in the original/GSM/non-Sprint version of the phone. For all the other tabs except the Call Log tab, it works properly.

I've also noticed that many of the registry edits it makes don't seem to work (Light Sensor settings for instance). The rest of the options are pretty standard reg edits that are useful if you don't like poking around inside the registry though.

Last edited by drkgouki; 11-26-2008 at 04:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro