PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey
Sprite Backup won't uninstall or reinstall.

So I have Sprite Backup 6.2 installed on my phone, working fine. Then I see that 6.5 has come out. I tried to install it and it says it's unable to uninstall the previous version. Then I tried some utility on Sprite's website that is supposed to uninstall whatever's on the phone, but it doesn't run or doesn't do anything. Now when trying to either install 6.5 or to reinstall 6.2, it says it wasn't successful.

Help!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: Sprite Backup won't uninstall or reinstall.

have you contacted sprite support? They're usually pretty quick to respond.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Once you get this solved, try SPB Backup. It's not free, but I've had zero problems in the time (well over a year) that I've been using it

Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Is your rom a "cooked" version and Sprite Backup part of the rom? Is it in the "Remove Program List" cooked roms willnot have programs installed listed in "Remove Program List".

If your rom not orignal and a cooked version that included Sprite Backup, then Sprite Backup cannot be uninstalled since it is part of the rom....those are some of the things people need to consider when wanting to upgrade on certain software that are part of a rom build.

Unless there is sometype of magic to remove Sprite Backup without reflashing a rom that does not include Sprite Backup..etc.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-25-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

See here:

http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/answer.aspx?id=398
Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Is your rom a "cooked" version and Sprite Backup part of the rom? Is it in the "Remove Program List" cooked roms willnot have programs installed listed in "Remove Program List".

If your rom not orignal and a cooked version that included Sprite Backup, then Sprite Backup cannot be uninstalled since it is part of the rom....those are some of the things people need to consider when wanting to upgrade on certain software that are part of a rom build.

Unless there is sometype of magic to remove Sprite Backup without reflashing a rom that does not include Sprite Backup..etc.
My ROM is the original Sprint ROM, not a custom or cooked ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
That uninstaller does nothing. I tried running it several times and nothing happens. Others have had the same problem with that uninstaller.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

did you do a soft reset?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:47 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Seems to me like you have some ghoast files and I would try to use pocket mechanic or sktool to remove all that is related to Sprite. I use both Sprite and Spb w/o prob. I prefer Spb.....
Old 11-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

What a nightmare. I tried following a manual way of removing everything (as listed here: http://www.spritesoftware.com/forum/...hp?f=26&t=5150) and there were no leftover files or anything in the registry. Odd thing is even though it still said that there was a version on that couldn't be removed, and it still said product installation was unsuccessful, the program actually installed and run this time.

So at least now I'm back in business. But this definitely has me thinking about trying SPB. The restores have always been fine for me with Sprite, but I haven't tried it on this new phone yet. Last time I update to a new version "just cuz".
Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

You won't be disappointed with SPB man, and this is coming from a Sprite user.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro