PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Lightbulb Opera Mini 4.2 out

Opera Mini 4.2 is now out of beta and has been officially released.. Here is the link to download it below...

http://www.operamini.com/download/
Old 11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Opera Mini 4.2 out

ya I downloaded it yesterday and its super fast. it dont feel like a desktop like mobile or skyfire but just for browsing the web or forums it awesome! Loads pages At least 5 times faster than any other browser iv used.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started

What download is everyone using? I see under the HTC product list the TP isn't shown. I was wondering perhaps to use the one for the Mogul or the Touch but then there is the "generic" download and under that there are the "basic" and "advanced". Then there is the direct-with-phone method which brings up a page that says "Opera Mini 4.2 Your phone model could not be detected. Please try to install this version - Download Opera Mini!" Not sure what's going on there. Maybe THAT'S not 4.2 because my phone model couldn't be detected?

UPDATE:

Went ahead and tried to use the phone to directly download. Every download link (including "older" versions) gives me an error message regarding mini.jad: "The file "mini" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed witha trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found...." How is everyone else getting the file installed?

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Well ain't that something...I downloaded the generic version via the PC and put the files onto my phone's SD card (where I keep all of my programs' installation files for future re-installs), tried to execute both of them and got the same error message. So...I went back to the HTC list and clicked the download link for the Touch and noticed that the same two files were listed. But thinking that perhaps a re-download might give me a fresh pair of files to work with, I used them. Same error.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this BOGUS?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."

Last edited by mtnmedic; 11-25-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work

cant somebody tell me what the diff is between regular opera and opera mini, i dont get it?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

what java are you guys usimg
Old 11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

I had the same problem Till I downloaded from my phone. I couldnt ever get the .jar or the .jad file to work from my desktop. But from your phone it does everything for you. then you just open java and select the midlet.

I dont fully understand the difference beteeen Operamobile and Mini but I know Mini loads pages WAY faster
Old 11-25-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I had the same problem Till I downloaded from my phone. I couldnt ever get the .jar or the .jad file to work from my desktop. But from your phone it does everything for you. then you just open java and select the midlet.

I dont fully understand the difference beteeen Operamobile and Mini but I know Mini loads pages WAY faster
Even from my phone I get the error messages when I click on the download/file links. And I'm using the defalt Opera browser.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post

Hmmm...just noticed your post. I have to have JAVA working in order to run either of these files? Okay...but if I'm correct the TP doesn't HAVE Java. I did try the "Titan" link, downloaded, had issues with that and the certificate kept expiring and the program kept slowing me down so I got rid of it.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
cant somebody tell me what the diff is between regular opera and opera mini, i dont get it?
Apparently, the "mini" is basically a minimised version of the standard Opera that already is in the TP. Server-assisted, I believe.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:32 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

can you not install java on the TP? I really dont know?

y

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro