PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to back up contacts?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46452)

eiheme22 11-25-2008 10:04 AM

How to back up contacts??

How can I back up my contacts on my computer? I dont sync with outlook or anything like that. Is there another way? I just want a list of sorts that I can print out with all of contacts. I think I may have to trade in my phone for a new one and I dont want to lose all of my contacts.

rileyfreeman 11-25-2008 10:17 AM

Re: How to back up contacts??

Quote:

Originally Posted by eiheme22 (Post 541378)
How can I back up my contacts on my computer? I dont sync with outlook or anything like that. Is there another way? I just want a list of sorts that I can print out with all of contacts. I think I may have to trade in my phone for a new one and I dont want to lose all of my contacts.

dashwire.com my friend.

it does it wirelessly whe nu get ur new phone. if u have a memory card install dashwire again and sign itn it will automatically put ur contacts back on.

dashwire is awesome. it will also back up pics and videos, call history, browser faves, ringtones, and im almost sure something else but im drawing a blank.

also i recommend powersms search that. u can backup ur text msgs. and restore it on the new phone. if ur like me and dont delete text msgs this is very useful

thesfactor 11-25-2008 10:23 AM

Is dashwire free? Or is there a trial period and then you have to pay to use it? It says Try it free on the website but I'm not sure if there's a trial period?

rileyfreeman 11-25-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesfactor (Post 541404)
Is dashwire free? Or is there a trial period and then you have to pay to use it? It says Try it free on the website but I'm not sure if there's a trial period?

dashwire is free. i have had it since it came out. might be close to a year now.

regression 11-25-2008 11:23 AM

Another option is PIM Backup:

http://www.dotfred.net/default.htm

Or, you could use both PIM Backup and dashwire, never hurts to have multiple backups ;-)

shaun0207 11-25-2008 11:25 AM

or SPB Backup. You can not only backup your contacts but your entire system. is not free though

12Marshall 11-26-2008 01:51 PM

Does anyone know where contacts are stored on a touch pro?
I would like to just grab the folder if it is possible.

rileyfreeman 11-26-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Marshall (Post 544232)

im pretty sure its not something u can access. like 99% sure because if it could be accessed it would be posted everywhere.

jdignazio 11-26-2008 02:29 PM

I use Windows live. Its in your programs menu. Works great. Anytime you Clear storage or get a new phone just click on Windows live , log in, and automatically copies all your contacts, email, back on the phone. Also whenever you add a new contact on the phone an option comes up asking if you would like to add contact to windows live. Its free..

thacounty 11-26-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Marshall (Post 544232)

It is the pim file under file explorer/my device. I don't think you can just copy and paste it though because I have tried before. I would use the idea of the poster above and use pimbackup it is super easy and will be with you including its free and can be set up for a schedule.