PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have the rubber two-piece case for the TP? Please take pictures

I'm referring to the case HERE

I thought about peeling/grinding the plastic chrome off the border of my TP but that will kill the resale value later on. I'd just like to see how much thicker these cases make the phone. Real life pictures from other users are appreciated

A few more questions:

1. How durable are the cases? I plan to keep the case on for 3 days when I work and then take it off the 4 days when I don't work, but I might just keep it on considering how nice it looks...

2. How does the case connect to the phone? Is there a sticky material underneath that glues to the phone or are there mini hooks? The pictures are too small to tell.

Last edited by tracerit; 11-25-2008 at 09:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

meanbastard is a n00b
Re: Anyone have the rubber two-piece case for the TP? Please take pictures

I like that case, thanks for the link. Thinking about purchasing one myself....
Old 11-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just got it yesterday. Put it on, didn't like it.

Can't realy explain why - it's thick and bulky. Using the belt clip leaves the phone is a position where the keyboard can slide open on it's own, and is just not right.

More importantly, at least to your application, is that it turned out to be a real pain to take off to where I had to use a knife to wedge the clip off the phone. This makes it inappropriate for on/off use as you described.

Back to waiting for the Seidio holster clip...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post

Can't realy explain why - it's thick and bulky. Using the belt clip leaves the phone is a position where the keyboard can slide open on it's own, and is just not right.

More importantly, at least to your application, is that it turned out to be a real pain to take off to where I had to use a knife to wedge the clip off the phone. This makes it inappropriate for on/off use as you described.

but don't you like the added bonus of virginity protection with every use?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I just took a look at the Seidio cases for the Diamond (The Touch Pro's isn't out yet ) and they look really good, sleek and only 1mm, but 3x the price!

Any idea when they'll be coming out?

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...HDIA2%2DGY
Old 11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post

can you please take some pictures of the clipping mechanism used to attach to the phone? maybe a few pictures with the case still on the phone if possible

I wouldn't be using the belt clip, most likely will be putting the phone into my old Mogul belt holster (so a phone in a case, in another case lol).
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
I just took a look at the Seidio cases for the Diamond (The Touch Pro's isn't out yet ) and they look really good, sleek and only 1mm, but 3x the price!

Any idea when they'll be coming out?

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...CSR2HDIA2%2DGY
That link is to a Touch Diamond accessory, but it does indeed say that the Pro accessories will come sometime. Hopefully before the year's out.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

blassilando is a n00b

I purchased the case a few weeks ago and I like it...I mean it makes it look a little more bulky but not that much not to mention the protection it provides for our new phones

I do not like or use the clip. It comes with a little plastic cover to cover the hole in the back I mean the case is pretty nice overall***
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

I bought Ghost Armor for my phone and am waiting on it to arrive.

I do however want to purchase one of the rubberized cases for protection from drops etc...
Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

clsk1 is a n00b

I have it, what bothers me is that its rubberized white plastic. so the edges are noticeably white. Other than that I like it a lot better than my leather flip case. I also have the zagg shield on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro