PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any ideas how to replace screen?

I'm don't actually want to replace the screen. But I would like to get behind the screen so I can glue it down some.

My problem is the right side of the screen is not flush. It's a bit above the chrome. I kinda lifted it up when I was trying to pull off the screen protecter, but accident pull up the screen instead. I can press on it back down, but it goes right back up.

So I just want to be able to accesse the back/side of it and add a tiny bit of crazy glue to keep it down.

I took off the two screws from the back of the screen (nothing came off) ...nothing came loose.

Last edited by mxl180; 11-24-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

evilpeople is becoming a great contributor
Re: Any ideas how to replace screen?

I haven't taken apart my shiny new Touch Pro, but I have fully disassembled both a Mogul and Touch Diamond (and several other phones). Most likely, you'll need to fully disassemble the phone starting with the small torx screws located in the battery compartment. There will then be several other pieces to remove, including the keyboard. Once this is done, the screen section will be able to be removed from the keyboard/battery section, and two more screws will be visible. Then, more ribbon cables and hard-to-disassemble plastic bits will need to be removed to release the screen fully.

This is all based on my experiences with other, similar phones, and it's definitely not for the faint hearted. If you have a tiny torx set, are comfortable with the fragile ribbon cables and have a LOT of patience, this is possible - but I won't put it on my list of fun things to do.

Also, any kind of hardening glue might not help. The Touch Pro and Diamond screens are held in with a kind of double-sided tape.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!
Carrier: Sprint

ramiss is becoming a great contributor
Re: Any ideas how to replace screen?

Be careful with crazy glue and glass/plexi. The chemicals that are released when SuperGlue cures will stick to any small amount of oil (fingerprints). This will leave a horrible frosted sheen. Not to mention that superglue is really good at getting in small places. If you are not careful then a single drop can work it's way up under the screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro