PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: skyfire and hulu on tp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Where in that thread is the fix for no sound on Hulu? Did I miss it?
i told you to fix the ops problem and called you hero. i only gave the op a link to skyfire. that link works for me. i get sound when using hulu with the link i posted. why you whizzing on me? theres another post where the member tells op to get latest version of skyfire. why dont you start sh@d with him. at least i posted what works for me. im done with this you win, your the best, i wish i was you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

guys, let's play nice. i have the latest version of skyfire. maybe something esle is going on. i may do a hard reset and reinstall.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:11 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

no that wouldnt help... i know i certain site (not mentionable ) that the flash doesnt work on. its just one of those things.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
Is there anything else you have installed that would be needed for sound from Hulu. My current installation is the stock rom, skyfire 7927, java, ucweb (java version), and Opera Mini 2 beta. The video of course from Hulu is not full screen.
It shouldn't require any special installations. Skyfire works exclusively from the server-end, so no other applications should be needed on your phone. Does the audio work from any other sites, such as YouTube? I noticed complaints in other threads about no audio at all in Skyfire, so perhaps that's a related problem. I just tested Hulu on mine, and it's working for me, so there's definitely something different with yours. Have you checked the Skyfire forums?

Edited out of respect for the OP.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for testing it on yours. I'm sure I'll get it working.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Thanks for testing it on yours. I'm sure I'll get it working.
I was kind of surprised Hulu even worked on there. It's not compatible with the Wii, much to my disappointment.

Checking out the Skyfire forums, the only mention of Hulu on the entire site is an issue with logging in.

So I'm guessing it's either audio as a whole that's your problem, or something unique. I know they use multiple servers. Maybe you're stuck on a server that's having problems with it? I'd suggest submitting a bug report to Skyfire.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

did a reset, ran skyfire first, went to the hulu site and got audio and video. video at this point is not as smooth as mogul/ppc6700. after a couple of minutes skyfire crashed with an error message. guess thats why they call it beta.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Timeless

Quote:
did a reset, ran skyfire first, went to the hulu site and got audio and video. video at this point is not as smooth as mogul/ppc6700. after a couple of minutes skyfire crashed with an error message. guess thats why they call it beta.
I'm guessing the extra choppiness may be due to the pixel-doubling it has to employ to upscale to VGA. That would likely cut down on performance.

I also noticed in their current issues they mentioned that after several minutes of watching videos it'll sometimes disconnect the user. That might be what you experienced.

Anyway, glad you got it working. I hope Adobe brings the Flash improvements that'll let us run these kinds of sites in Opera soon.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: AT&T

jamespaulritter is a n00b

Im sure you all know but skyfire vga is good to go now http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=6284
Old 07-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Im using the latest version of SkyFire, but when i go hulu it says content not available on your platform......whats up with that? i cant play any vids on hulu.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro