PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Onscreen Full QWERTY Keyboard

I'm having an issue with the onscreen full qwerty keyboard. Whenever I'm trying to reply to an email/surf the web/reply to sms and I try to use the onscreen keyboard, it opens up in the alphanumeric keyboard. I can't switch back to abc where it shows letters. I only get numbers and symbols by default. I have changed any settings under input. I doubled checked and I have it set to open up in full qwerty keyboard.

Why can't I get it to open up in abc form? I can't even switch to abc even though I click the 'abc' button on the on screen keyboard.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Rollazn is just getting started
Re: Onscreen Full QWERTY Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
I'm having an issue with the onscreen full qwerty keyboard. Whenever I'm trying to reply to an email/surf the web/reply to sms and I try to use the onscreen keyboard, it opens up in the alphanumeric keyboard. I can't switch back to abc where it shows letters. I only get numbers and symbols by default. I have changed any settings under input. I doubled checked and I have it set to open up in full qwerty keyboard.

Why can't I get it to open up in abc form? I can't even switch to abc even though I click the 'abc' button on the on screen keyboard.

Anyone else seeing this?
i dont have that problem however when im using the hardware keyboard and click the address bar (for example) it would show the on screen keyboard and its annoying.... since im using the actually keyboard itself is there a way to change it so that the onscreen kryboard dont show up?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint 4G (oh yeah!)

bporter001 is just getting started

I use THIS program. It adds another keyboard called NULL to your list of available on-screen keyboards. The NULL keyboard isn't actually a keyboard, so theres nothing to pop up on the screen to get in the way. There are 2 versions, a QVGA version and a VGA version. I am using the VGA version on my TouchPRO and I have no problems with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Anyone else seeing this?
Did u by any chance do the modification to enable old school word completion/correction?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Did u by any chance do the modification to enable old school word completion/correction?
Actually, yes I did. Is that what is causing the problem?

And if so, is there anyway to fix it without undoing the mod?

Last edited by blazinazn; 11-24-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Actually, yes I did. Is that what is causing the problem?
Yes. Just run the .cab again. Keep it handy too. Anytime you search for a contact or type in the calendar it messes up the keyboard.

LINK

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=20
Old 11-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bporter001 View Post
I use THIS program. It adds another keyboard called NULL to your list of available on-screen keyboards. The NULL keyboard isn't actually a keyboard, so theres nothing to pop up on the screen to get in the way. There are 2 versions, a QVGA version and a VGA version. I am using the VGA version on my TouchPRO and I have no problems with it.
Thanks for the link to that program. However, sometimes I want to use the on screen keyboard just to do a quick reply without having to slide the keyboard out. But like Rollazn pointed out, I hate that the virtual keyboard pops up whenever you need to input text. Quiet annoying. I think I'll use this program for the time being though, thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro