PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Onscreen Full QWERTY Keyboard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46322)

blazinazn 11-24-2008 02:50 PM

Onscreen Full QWERTY Keyboard

I'm having an issue with the onscreen full qwerty keyboard. Whenever I'm trying to reply to an email/surf the web/reply to sms and I try to use the onscreen keyboard, it opens up in the alphanumeric keyboard. I can't switch back to abc where it shows letters. I only get numbers and symbols by default. I have changed any settings under input. I doubled checked and I have it set to open up in full qwerty keyboard.

Why can't I get it to open up in abc form? I can't even switch to abc even though I click the 'abc' button on the on screen keyboard.

Anyone else seeing this?

Rollazn 11-24-2008 03:15 PM

Re: Onscreen Full QWERTY Keyboard

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 539551)
I'm having an issue with the onscreen full qwerty keyboard. Whenever I'm trying to reply to an email/surf the web/reply to sms and I try to use the onscreen keyboard, it opens up in the alphanumeric keyboard. I can't switch back to abc where it shows letters. I only get numbers and symbols by default. I have changed any settings under input. I doubled checked and I have it set to open up in full qwerty keyboard.

Why can't I get it to open up in abc form? I can't even switch to abc even though I click the 'abc' button on the on screen keyboard.

Anyone else seeing this?

i dont have that problem however when im using the hardware keyboard and click the address bar (for example) it would show the on screen keyboard and its annoying.... since im using the actually keyboard itself is there a way to change it so that the onscreen kryboard dont show up?

bporter001 11-24-2008 04:42 PM

I use THIS program. It adds another keyboard called NULL to your list of available on-screen keyboards. The NULL keyboard isn't actually a keyboard, so theres nothing to pop up on the screen to get in the way. There are 2 versions, a QVGA version and a VGA version. I am using the VGA version on my TouchPRO and I have no problems with it.

TreyBeno 11-24-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 539551)

Anyone else seeing this?

Did u by any chance do the modification to enable old school word completion/correction?

blazinazn 11-24-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 539837)
Did u by any chance do the modification to enable old school word completion/correction?

Actually, yes I did. Is that what is causing the problem?

And if so, is there anyway to fix it without undoing the mod?

rushco 11-24-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 539977)
Actually, yes I did. Is that what is causing the problem?

Yes. Just run the .cab again. Keep it handy too. Anytime you search for a contact or type in the calendar it messes up the keyboard.

LINK

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=20

blazinazn 11-24-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bporter001 (Post 539808)
I use THIS program. It adds another keyboard called NULL to your list of available on-screen keyboards. The NULL keyboard isn't actually a keyboard, so theres nothing to pop up on the screen to get in the way. There are 2 versions, a QVGA version and a VGA version. I am using the VGA version on my TouchPRO and I have no problems with it.

Thanks for the link to that program. However, sometimes I want to use the on screen keyboard just to do a quick reply without having to slide the keyboard out. But like Rollazn pointed out, I hate that the virtual keyboard pops up whenever you need to input text. Quiet annoying. I think I'll use this program for the time being though, thanks.