PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700p

mfreeman73 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Now On Verizon

I ordered online and wasn't given the option of overnighting. Oh well, it will get here when it gets here.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
Then do you just call verizon and give them the ESN number and they just switch it on and presto it worked? Or did you have to do a bit to the phone to get it to work?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663
Old 11-25-2008, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

The only thing it prdobably has going for it is slightly better battery life. From what I read, Verizon paid royalties to Broadcom for the infringing chips produced by qualcomm. They claimed that qualcomm stole some of their power management techniques that BC uses in thier chips. I wonder how they proved that in court? anyway. back to the subject at hand.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Lurker

mfreeman73 is a n00b

They're online ordering process stinks. I'm on the phone right now trying to figure out what's going on because the status web page just keeps saying "check back tomorrow."
Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Lurker

mfreeman73 is a n00b

Well, I just got off the phone with Verizon and I'm pissed. Apparently, they are back ordered and they won't be shipping it until December 15th. I said, "why would I want to wait until the 15th when I can go into the store and get it Monday?" I asked if I could just cancel my order. Nope, can't do that. It's seems the order is now processed and even though they aren't shipping it until next month, for some reason I can't cancel the order. The only thing I can do is send it back when it comes.

So, it's either wait until the middle of December or go ahead and buy one in the store next week and have two charges on my credit card until I can return the one on the 15th. I told the lady on the phone that on their status page, instead of putting, "please check back tomorrow" they need to put, "sorry guy, but you're screwed until the 15th." She actually agreed with me. :P I told her it was crap like that that makes me think about switching carriers.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namtaru View Post
The phone has 192MB RAM
It has TouchFLO 3D
It has the 528MHz CPU

and before anyone says something about it, it also has an accelerometer

edit: also, i picked it up from Verizon for $249.99 plus tax
This is all 100% correct. Just got mine!!! WOOOOT!!!!!! Its badd ***!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Let us know how the keyboard works with the arrow in between the N and M.... I'm still baffled on that.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Let us know how the keyboard works with the arrow in between the N and M.... I'm still baffled on that.
It's not as bad as you'd think. Stupid, I agree, but you get used to it.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

I bought a Sprint TP on Ebay yesterday. After live cashback it will end up ~$350, so I'm not paying much more, if anything, than the VZW version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro