PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how to stop the phone from going into airplane mode when in low bat (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46268)

spediegunz 11-24-2008 01:49 AM

how to stop the phone from going into airplane mode when in low bat

one thing ive always hated about these htc phones since the 6700 through my mogul and now this phone is that when battery gets low the phone is auto matically put into airplane mode and I hate that is there a way to stop that or registry hack or something i always get my calls disconnected cuz of it and sometimes even after i start charging i can't put the phone mode immediately right back on its such a stupid feature what good is a phone that is on if you can't use it id rather the battery just die on me.

darren.wlsn1 11-24-2008 01:52 AM

Re: how to stop the phone from going into airplane mode when in low bat

thats odd, mine dont do this. only when the 10sec warning comes up.

billyboyblue 11-24-2008 02:03 AM

i do not know the exact cause of this, but many cases actually where this happens, i believe its a failsafe plan, and in all actuality if your phone doesn't do this that would be a bigger concern, ive seen htc pro's gettin hot, i mean hott close to the 170+ mark, wouls you want more power being drawn at those temps?

TurboFool 11-24-2008 02:55 AM

I've only seen mine do this within mere seconds of it shutting the phone down entirely, so honestly, it's not like it's reducing functionality on the phone when the phone's dying as it is. I can't imagine how much less time it would survive for if it didn't go into airplane mode.

Ele7eN 11-24-2008 03:22 AM

it goes to airplane mode because it's about 20 seconds from dying. why would you want to disable that when the phone is going to die anyway?

TheMostToys 11-24-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spediegunz (Post 538898)
one thing ive always hated about these htc phones since the 6700 through my mogul and now this phone is that when battery gets low the phone is auto matically put into airplane mode and I hate that is there a way to stop that or registry hack or something i always get my calls disconnected cuz of it and sometimes even after i start charging i can't put the phone mode immediately right back on its such a stupid feature what good is a phone that is on if you can't use it id rather the battery just die on me.

As others have said, your call is about to be disconnected anyway as the battery is seconds from dying. If this bothers you, just hold down the power button for a few seconds when this happens and power off.

Personally I find this to be a great feature. Since the phone is only one feature, if the battery is too low for the device to be used as a phone, turn it off and let me still be able to see my contact list, calendar, email (synced), to do list, shopping list, listen to a few more songs or play a few more games.