PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turn Word Suggestion Off

Strange thing on my TP happened today; without any setting change on my end, word suggestion turned itself on and will not turn itself off using the hardware keyboard. In the Input settings, it is set to Off for word suggestion. Advanced Settings (Schapps) shows that the word suggestion is turned to 0 words to suggest. No software or registry change was done, it just all of a sudden came on and now will not go away.

Any suggestions? I searched the forums and found nothing. Its really super annoying and would rather not hard reset if there is any easier solution.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Turn Word Suggestion Off

try more troubleshooting. switch keybords, turn everything on, off. soft reset ect.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Install the cab I posted on this thread, soft reset, and then reconfigure your settings in the Input control panel how you like them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43997
Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
try more troubleshooting. switch keybords, turn everything on, off. soft reset ect.
All of these have been tried already multiple times.

I'll try the second suggestion and let you know!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Josedogg54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Josedogg54

My TP won't even let me use word correction everything is turned on and it's Just doesn't work.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Josedogg54, thats exactly what mine did, and then it started working and wouldn't turn off!

Goodthings, that works and is way better than the "new" way, Thanks x2!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Lurker

srievley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Install the cab I posted on this thread, soft reset, and then reconfigure your settings in the Input control panel how you like them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43997
When I use this, it works perfectly in landscape, but in portrait mode it messes up my contact selection. I went back to using the default settings but I would really like to use the "old" way. By "messes up" I mean that it if I type "L" it pulls up all of my contacts that match "L", except that the the top part of the selection box is above the screen, hidden by the start menu task bar. If I only have one or two names that match, I can't even see them. If there are three or more, only the bottom names show up. I can press up on the d-pad and blindly select the name and it will place it in the To box, but I have to guess how many times to press up. The next time I try to send a new text, it won't even pop up a list of matches, it will only display the letters I type. I've tried your newest cab and I still have this problem. Do you have any sugestions? I'm running the stock Sprint ROM and don't have any tweeking programs installed.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Josedogg54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Josedogg54

I just want it to work...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

my touch pro rom addresses and fixes all the issues you guys talk about in here. contact suggestion works for everything. and you can turn on and off word suggestion and completion.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro