PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am extremely dissapointed with Sprint customer service! (long thread)

Let me begin by saying I have had a defective Touch Pro for almost a month now because for various reasons I haven't been able to exchange it. Every weekend I have had this phone I have called Best Buy to see if there were any in stock and every weekend I was told no. For the first 2 weekends I didn't bother contacting Sprint (except for one email where I was told exchange it at best buy) because I figured Best Buy would have them in stock soon. The third weekend I finally called the local (not really local, a 30 minute one way drive for me, I only have time for that on the weekends) Sprint store and they told me they could do the exchange through my insurance and they would call me as soon as the replacement was shipped to them (told me probably that Tuesday) they never called me.

Now that brings me to what happened today. I first called Best Buy (as I have done the last 3 weekends) and was told they had none (believe it or not I was told they are not availible in stores online only until I told the person I bought mine at Best Buy). Then I called the local Sprint store to see what they could do about this and every time I called I got a message saying no one was availible to take my call (I kept trying to call them all day and got the same message every time, got it the couple times I tried calling during the week too) so I figured I would try the Sprint Online chat (I've tried email and phone support and both are a waste of time).

I got in the chat and explained basically what I have explained so far in this post. At first I was simply told I would have to go to Best Buy and Sprint could do nothing for me even after explaining it is almost impossible to make calls with the phone (if you want to know all the problems with my phone search the forums, this thread is already long enough without all that information) finally after about 10 minutes I got the the person to agree that I could exchange it through the insurance I have (at first they asked me if I had Best Buy insurance or Sprint insurance and actually told me it would only work if I had Best Buy insurance as Sprint insurance doesn't cover defects on phones bought from Best Buy only form sprint to which I replied by asking what is the point of me having Sprint insurance then). I was then told I would have to pay a $50 deductible (which is total bs considering how much money I spent on the phone already only to get a defective one) and would have to call the insurance company to process everything (which means possibly explaining my whole story to another person and probably being told there is nothing they can do).

This is not the first time I have had problems dealing with Sprint. It was a nightmare going back and forth with them when trying to exchange my Palm Centro for the Pro within my first 30 days of my contract, but that is a story for another time. My question to anyone reading this is how should I go about getting my Pro exchanged without paying any more money and without dealing with more people who don't know what they are talking about. I bought the Pro on Oct. 25th and I think I only have til Monday on my 30 day exchange period at Best Buy. I can't even begin to describe how angry all of this has made me. I will say that Sprint's data and call services are great for a decent price and I really think the Touch Pro has the potential to be a great phone (if I didn't have a defective one) but Sprint's customer service is horrible. Maybe someone should create a thread on how to effectively deal with Sprint customer service.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: I am extremely dissapointed with Sprint customer service! (long thread)

were you polite?i ask because that can go a long way.also you said the sprint store is 30 mins one way.if i were you,i would make that trip.i know that some sprint employees read forums like this and sprint has changed their policies but hey i bought my treo off ebay and still got insurance thru sprint.i will look thru the forums to pin-point what you said and post again,but if you have TEP,make that drive.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hsanchez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....itemId=9064406

Touch Pro stock checker.

My bestbuy said I could exchange at any best buy. As long as it is in the 30 days.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i am sorry that you went to worst buy.i've got a lg rumor from there that is keeping things from blowing off my computer stand.i would take it back to worst buy(i say that because i tried to warn folks not to go there but got flamed instead)and exchange it.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
were you polite?i ask because that can go a long way.also you said the sprint store is 30 mins one way.if i were you,i would make that trip.i know that some sprint employees read forums like this and sprint has changed their policies but hey i bought my treo off ebay and still got insurance thru sprint.i will look thru the forums to pin-point what you said and post again,but if you have TEP,make that drive.
-Yes I was polite.
-I can only make the drive on the weekends as I work long hours during the week and don't have time.
-I already tried going the TEP route with the Sprint chat rep. and I was told I would have to pay a $50 deductible which is unacceptable to me considering the money I paid in the first place and I didn't do anything to damage the phone.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsanchez View Post
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....itemId=9064406

Touch Pro stock checker.

My bestbuy said I could exchange at any best buy. As long as it is in the 30 days.
Quote:
i am sorry that you went to worst buy.i've got a lg rumor from there that is keeping things from blowing off my computer stand.i would take it back to worst buy(i say that because i tried to warn folks not to go there but got flamed instead)and exchange it.
The Best Buy option probably won't work for me because I was told they may have them in stock later next week but my 30 days is up on Monday.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
-Yes I was polite.
-I can only make the drive on the weekends as I work long hours during the week and don't have time.
-I already tried going the TEP route with the Sprint chat rep. and I was told I would have to pay a $50 deductible which is unacceptable to me considering the money I paid in the first place and I didn't do anything to damage the phone.
here's what you do:call *2 and tell them that you want to cancel your service.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hsanchez is just getting started

Quote:
The Best Buy option probably won't work for me because I was told they may have them in stock later next week but my 30 days is up on Monday.
So no bestbuys in your area have any in stock???
Old 11-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
here's what you do:call *2 and tell them that you want to cancel your service.
yup cancellation reps have the authority to do anything to keep customer happy. Never waste your time with customer service reps I never have any luck with them. Just explain your case and they should replace your device.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
go to worst buy tomorrow(or today) and ask to buy one.they do have them but like to play stupid games.when they bring it out,there's your replacement!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro