PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you choose the new phone or stick with the old one
Keep the old one, at least I know it works well 64 57.66%
Get a new one, I hate little cosmetic flaws, ill risk getting a "dud" touch pro 49 44.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

shawn.pink is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Would you return your touch pro if...

we dont have a direct number accept for retail stores, also, it has to be a certain build date, but most wont check that in my experince, but it will check your esn for the free one
Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

drdjdesi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to drdjdesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn.pink View Post
we dont have a direct number accept for retail stores, also, it has to be a certain build date, but most wont check that in my experince, but it will check your esn for the free one
Do I have to take the phone to an authorized repair center, or any factory sprint store will do?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

shawn.pink is a n00b

I would directly call *2 ask for blackberry tech and ask if they are tier 2
Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

If the phone works... You should keep it.... Normal wear and tear is going to add cosmetic flaws to it anyway... Why risk software issues over something so minor?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 11-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

I only just noticed a few minutes ago that my d-pad is slightly higher on one side than the other and I've had it for several weeks. If that's its biggest flaw, it's one I can live with. Everything else works acceptably, and mine doesn't have a particularly new build date either. Devil you know, etc.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

sexipink is a n00b

I want to return mines, I dropped it one time an I think it looks horrible. I dont have any known issues realy, at least I dont think I do. I didnt realy know I had a option to return my phone just for cosmetic damage though. What do I say when I go to the store IF I do decide to retun it.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cforster View Post
If you don't mind my asking, what ROM are you using? I am having those issues myself.

Thanks
I am running stock Alltel and was having TERRIBLE battery life issues and often overheating. I have done some tweaks and they have all seemed to go away with great battery and no heating over the past 4-5 days. The main culprit seems to be the fact that i spend a lot of my time in a low signal area, so whenever I am in a low signal area for any period of time i use modaco no data to toggle off the data and then long press end key to ensure that data is shut down.

My home has 0-1 bar at most of data signal so i toggle off data and use my wifi and use diamond tweaks to allow my wifi connection to stay connected when the phone is in standby then when i leave I toggle on Data and wifi off. There is an app at XDA in development that will do this automatically based on location which will be sweet.

Just by doing this my battery life went from 1-3 hrs to 8-10+
I also just added the battery polling from 5000 to 20000 reg edit and the power management tweaks from advanced config, so the battery should be even better. Also the tremendous app Glight should help as well since I use it to tweak the backlight.

In the last 2 weeks I have went from hating the phone because of battery to loving it.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexipink View Post
I want to return mines, I dropped it one time an I think it looks horrible. I dont have any known issues realy, at least I dont think I do. I didnt realy know I had a option to return my phone just for cosmetic damage though. What do I say when I go to the store IF I do decide to retun it.
You have to have a problem with it... I don't know of any store that will take it back purely for cosmetic damage.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

For what it's worth, I wrestled with the same question cause of a chip out of my chrome by the stylus (didn't even drop it). Ultimately, I decided to keep my functioning phone with a barely noticeable cosmetic flaw than to get a heap of junk.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro