PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 09:25 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I am extremely dissapointed with Sprint customer service! (long thread)

***EDIT***
Here is the direct link to the self service option.
https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&withinRange=N
Old 11-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I would recommend returning it for a full refund at BB, and go back to an old phone or a cheap phone.

IF that is not to your liking, BB is supposed to have Loaner phones if you have their insurance. Give them your Pro, get a loaner phone, and wait for a new Pro from BB...

Good Luck!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

good info mrhawaii and i hope thats not you in the picture!lol
Old 11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i believe that worst buy gets all the blame.yes,it's a sprint phone but who sold it to you?i would only involve sprint after i emailed worst buys' corporate office and nothing gets done.but i said it before and i'll say it again:RETURN YOUR PHONE TO PLACE OF PURCHASE.refuse to leave until something is done.call *2 and say that you want to cancel.if you don't want to do those 2 things,i don't know what else to say(or type!).the title of this thread is poor sprint customer service so now you're going to get alot of people doing what i did.sure worst buy got the pro first,but search my name and you will see that i warned people not to go there(worst buy).i got 3 different pros(this 1 is working somewhat),but my 1st came from telesales with next day delivery on 10/31 and when i went to the sprint store to exchange my 2nd,the guy just took the phone and batt cover.now i have 2 batts,headsets and the whole nine.sprint rocks!
If you would read my original post I give a couple examples of how Sprint has had poor customer service every time I have dealt with them (not just about the pro). Yes I do agree in this case Best Buy (and HTC) deserve most of the blame. The reason I said Sprint gets some of the blame is a few of the things i sighted in my OP such as saying they would order me a phone and not calling back and the false info I got when in the chat today. Maybe I should have picked a better title for this thread and for that I apologize but I will not apologize for saying Sprint has poor customer service (however there services and phones when they work correctly are great). Hopefully after I get this resolved I will never have to talk to cs again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
***EDIT***
Here is the direct link to the self service option.
https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&withinRange=N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
I would recommend returning it for a full refund at BB, and go back to an old phone or a cheap phone.

IF that is not to your liking, BB is supposed to have Loaner phones if you have their insurance. Give them your Pro, get a loaner phone, and wait for a new Pro from BB...

Good Luck!
Getting a different type of phone is out of the question for me as I am addicted to my Pro (even with the defects).

Strangely enough after looking at my BB reciept I do have the BB insurance (even though I was never asked if I want it). now I guess I have two options, use MrHawaii's idea or go the BB route. Which is the most painless and quickest way?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i will concour that some people who works for sprint should be selling magazines.but before this thread gets closed,just re-read the posts and if you follow any of the advice given,you will get a replacement htc touch professional.good luck my friend.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jonsigler is a n00b

I may or may not be in the minority here, but I'm a happy Sprint customer right now, and I see a slight change in how they are approaching customer service. Their service has sucked so bad in the past, that the new and improved is still bad, but a step in the right direction.
Their pricing is out of this world. Try pricing the same "Everything" with Verizon or AT&T and you will be paying 50% more.
Got crappy reception at home? Get yourself an Airave and presto problem solved. Got crappy reception with Verizon or AT&T, well sucks to be you.
Have a trouble, I've gotten friendly customer service reps recently, they have tried to make me happy and have actually done so. I wanted the new HTC and they gave me the full $150 upgrade, and since the rebate wasn't programed yet they reduced the purchase price for it... No song and dance about how I can't get the rebate, or well this or that. They just did it. Had a small glitch in getting the phone working and when I walked back in the store they knew I was the guy who just got the HTC and quickly solved the issue. That is the way it should be done.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

So I guess patience is out of the question. You have solutions, but do not wish to take action.

Good Luck.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 AM
N00b

billyboyblue is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
Let me begin by saying I have had a defective Touch Pro for almost a month now because for various reasons I haven't been able to exchange it. Every weekend I have had this phone I have called Best Buy to see if there were any in stock and every weekend I was told no. For the first 2 weekends I didn't bother contacting Sprint (except for one email where I was told exchange it at best buy) because I figured Best Buy would have them in stock soon. The third weekend I finally called the local (not really local, a 30 minute one way drive for me, I only have time for that on the weekends) Sprint store and they told me they could do the exchange through my insurance and they would call me as soon as the replacement was shipped to them (told me probably that Tuesday) they never called me.

Now that brings me to what happened today. I first called Best Buy (as I have done the last 3 weekends) and was told they had none (believe it or not I was told they are not availible in stores online only until I told the person I bought mine at Best Buy). Then I called the local Sprint store to see what they could do about this and every time I called I got a message saying no one was availible to take my call (I kept trying to call them all day and got the same message every time, got it the couple times I tried calling during the week too) so I figured I would try the Sprint Online chat (I've tried email and phone support and both are a waste of time).

I got in the chat and explained basically what I have explained so far in this post. At first I was simply told I would have to go to Best Buy and Sprint could do nothing for me even after explaining it is almost impossible to make calls with the phone (if you want to know all the problems with my phone search the forums, this thread is already long enough without all that information) finally after about 10 minutes I got the the person to agree that I could exchange it through the insurance I have (at first they asked me if I had Best Buy insurance or Sprint insurance and actually told me it would only work if I had Best Buy insurance as Sprint insurance doesn't cover defects on phones bought from Best Buy only form sprint to which I replied by asking what is the point of me having Sprint insurance then). I was then told I would have to pay a $50 deductible (which is total bs considering how much money I spent on the phone already only to get a defective one) and would have to call the insurance company to process everything (which means possibly explaining my whole story to another person and probably being told there is nothing they can do).

This is not the first time I have had problems dealing with Sprint. It was a nightmare going back and forth with them when trying to exchange my Palm Centro for the Pro within my first 30 days of my contract, but that is a story for another time. My question to anyone reading this is how should I go about getting my Pro exchanged without paying any more money and without dealing with more people who don't know what they are talking about. I bought the Pro on Oct. 25th and I think I only have til Monday on my 30 day exchange period at Best Buy. I can't even begin to describe how angry all of this has made me. I will say that Sprint's data and call services are great for a decent price and I really think the Touch Pro has the potential to be a great phone (if I didn't have a defective one) but Sprint's customer service is horrible. Maybe someone should create a thread on how to effectively deal with Sprint customer service.
whoa whoa, please send an email to billyjlowery@gmail.com or billyjlowery@sprintpcs.com he would be more than happy to help you accordingly.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: AT&T

RamonTomzer is just getting started

first off i work at sprint... my log in is my real name and i work for a store in MA... so let me just begin by saying im not flaming you or anything but these are the facts... you went to a 3rd party dealer and bought a product from them for whatever the reason be it price, convenience of location etc, whatever but you did not give sprint your business on the phone... sure you pay a monthly bill to them and i agree that it should have been exchanged a while ago but we are a CELL SERVICE PROVIDER NOT A MANUFACTURER. If i buy a nissan from a non nissan dealer i guess i cant really get mad at nissan if something fails, sure it is there product but i should have went and gave them my business and got the warranty from THEM not a third party warranty. Also it is the responsibility of the store you purchased it from to replace defects if so stated within there return policy... ill be honest im not sure of BB's policy, however i beleive they will cover it... as for the out of stock issue, it is a popular phone and they have been out of stock in my area as well so i know the pain you are going through because we see customers in the same situation as i work in a service and repair center. what we have been doing is if the purchaser had bought it from a corporate sprint store we have been promising to honor the 30 day exchange past the 30 days, which is what i would say BB should offer you, but again i dont make those decisions. also the fact that the local sprint store is 30 mins away? its 30 mins man... you just bought a $600 device and you cant go 30 mins to get something fixed? its 30 mins man, sprint cant build stores every 15 miles, not even wal mart can do that!(altho there are alot of them) im not sure why no one was answering the phone at your local sprint store but i know my store gets extremely busy and sometimes we can not get the phones as quickly as wed like to, and trust me reps in stores make money on sales so beleive me when i say everytime they answer the phone it is an opportunity to make money and i know everyone wants to make money. as for the whole palm treo thing im not really too sure what was up without getting into details but if you had bought your treo at BB again same thing, 3rd party retailer not sprint. bottom line if you want to make it easier on yourself just go to the sprint store and see if the manager there will take care of you. also like mr8820 said being polite sure goes along way... dont come at the reps/managers at the store like they did this to you, they didnt sell you the phone someone at BB did. and from experience when a customer comes at me like that depending on the situation i will either BEND the rules in there favor or not. politeness will more than likely get you a new phone if they have one in and are willing to exchange it for you, however keep in mind that if the manager goes by the book you will be in need of heading back to BB for the exchange in which case ask for the manager of BB mobile and see if he will honor it past 30 days if need be. in the mean time i would do and ESN swap to a working phone... not the best situation to be in but you can then make phone calls, which is the point of a cell phone. i would then see if BB or Sprint store manager would credit you for the time you werent able to make calls... do not expect a full credit as it is not sprints responsibility to come to you, as this could have been probably taken care of if you had just made the trip out there to begin with. again not a flame just my point of view... take it for what its worth nothing more nothing less...

also the views statements above does not reflect any view points of sprint and or any of there affiliates, this statement clears them of any possible liabilities and or ramifications, again strictly my views as human being...

just get up and go to the store, as far away as 30 mins might be for you most people drive that to get to there local Mall, movie theater, favorite restaraunt etc etc.

SORRY FOR THE TEXT WALL!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kestep434 is a n00b

Call and threaten Sprint you will leave, They will not let you leave I swear. They have lost over 900,000 clients in a short time, they will keep you. This is a copy of my blog after my battle with Sprint when my instinct crapped out on me after 4 months. I know it sounds bad but I was severely mistreated in a Sprint store and over the phone, after I could not take anymore I got flat out mean.

I won and Sprint still sucks
Current mood: accomplished
I won a battle yesterday with Sprint. It took a week, and over an hour and a half phone call to do but I did it. So to anyone who is being treated like crap from Sprint here is what you do....

1 Call customer service. *2 on your Sprint phone. Do NOT go to a store! EVER unless you like having strokes and being treated like a red headed step child.

2. Explain story and wait to be treated like sh*t (I promise, just wait for it.) Ask for a manager.. They wont give you one but do it anyway. After a pretend transfer/hang up....

3. Call back.

4 Repeat step 2. If you are lucky and get your first manager.... Repeat step 2 again and after being told you suck proceed to next step.

5. Once manager tells you it is not Sprints responsibility to treat you as a human being threaten to leave Sprint like this... I swear it works.....

Ask big bad manager.. "Do you know what the best thing about having bad credit is?" Wait for a response. There is a good chance the rep will not say anything as was my case..

After long pause say this.... "Because when you get treated like crap by a company like Sprint for x amount of years you can tell them to go SUCK A ****!" (In my case x=10 years) I said "You can shove my bill that is due November 20th up your a** and you could fine me whatever you want for breaking contract and late fees and whatever, but there is no way in Hell that I am going to pay you a dime more until this problem is fixed. In effect Sprint can suck my **** because my credit sucks already and you cant touch me at all."

I said it just like that, and guess what? I won. They deemed that since I was thinking about canceling my contract that they would allow me to pay a difference between the phone I had that died in 4 months and the new phone I want. That is a difference of 139 dollars. Here is the kicker.... All this time I was telling them I would pay for a new phone I just wanted discounts like everyone gets and that I got on my piece of crap Instinct back in June.... I even had said that I would sign a new contract.. But no, I was s.o.l. on that. The phone I wanted cost 299 for a new subscriber. it is $600 dollars full price. They screwed themselves out of a new 2 year contract and 169 bucks. I love it I just cannot believe the stupid mentality of the idiots employed at these GIANT corporations.

After all this though I got a TP that was defective and had to deal with the store again. They were told by sprint corprate to swap my phone. when I went in to do it they told me they had some in stock until I told them I needed them to swap it with my phone, then they were mysteriously out of stock. So I went in the next morning before their shipment came in and a guy told me thye had one in stock. So I told him I wanted it. He brought it out and then I made them swap it. You have to be ready to play the game with Sprint. They will not help you out outright, you have to play ball. Had I gone in the second time for the phone swap and told them it was a phone swap they would not have done it and would lie again. Stick it to Sprint they deserve it. I have had them for 10 years and I even have to pay 5 dollars to pay my bill in their own freakin store. I hate this company but they are by far the cheapest plan for the best coverage. They just hate talking or helping their customers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro