PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the top/screen portion of TP loose?
Mine slides when I push the volume buttons 35 51.47%
Mine Slides down slightly when I push the power button 23 33.82%
Mine Does not slide at all 15 22.06%
You are being way too picky for a $600 phone 15 22.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600->6800->6900->6950->6850->Hero->EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

5harkology is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Portion Loose/Slide Around?

This is my second TP. I returned the first because the screen portion of the phone would try to slide open when pushing the volume buttons and at actually start to slide/move downwards when I push the power button. Now my second one is doing the same.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Screen Portion Loose/Slide Around?

1&2 for me, but it is expected with the volume keys.....

Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dai_shan is becoming a great contributor

1 & 2 for me too. Also, the screen is a little gaped from the keyboard and is a little springy when using the touch screen. It's starting to bug me alot. Was thinking it was just mine, but, now it seems mine is no different.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Mine seems to have a lot of "slop" when it is in the middle of being pulled out or when pushing the volume keys. When pushing down it seems to be ok. I think it might be getting worse. I am past my 30 days and have taken great care of the phone and I haven't dropped it yet (prob jinx myself now) What is Sprint's policy on getting a new one?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

This thread will be closed, or completely deleted soon. History has shown that users are not allowed to complain about any problem the Touch Pro has.

Just fair warning.

To add to the thread though, yes, nearly all of them have slop. If you pick up a 6700, and a Touch Pro, and compare them, you will be shocked at the difference in build quality. So we know HTC can build 'em strong, but they decided not to in the case of the Pro.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
This is my second TP. I returned the first because the screen portion of the phone would try to slide open when pushing the volume buttons and at actually start to slide/move downwards when I push the power button. Now my second one is doing the same.
It's understandable if it wiggles left/right a little when pressing the volume keys firmly, since there's a slideout keyboard.. It shouldn't be trying to slide open though. Mine personally doesn't wiggle unless I press with force, but it's all about how you hold your phone. Maybe if HTC put the keys on the keyboard half (since that's the part we hold with our palm), it wouldn't be as much of a problem for others...
But it shouldn't be shifting up/down when pressing the power button... i'd have to break my phone to make that happen
Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah, the keyboard doesn't meet the screen at the gap, so when i'm texting onscreen the screen portion is hitting the keyboard. its also fairly wobbly. not enough to open in my pocket, but enough to where i'm wondering what this phone is going to look like in a year, after 60-80k minutes of use. most of my phones fall apart at that point, so i don't expect this one to last any longer. i'm just hoping it makes it that far.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

the keyboard movement when you press the volume seems to be a design issue. I can reduce the effect by using the Pro lefthanded.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

With use, they will all eventually do this. Mine was tight, and is loosening up... Unless they make a major change to the phone, a revision, I would not return it.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

1 and 2 here. It's less noticeable vertically though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro