PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Screen Portion Loose/Slide Around? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46068)

5harkology 11-22-2008 05:46 PM

Screen Portion Loose/Slide Around?

This is my second TP. I returned the first because the screen portion of the phone would try to slide open when pushing the volume buttons and at actually start to slide/move downwards when I push the power button. Now my second one is doing the same.

hibby50 11-22-2008 05:50 PM

Re: Screen Portion Loose/Slide Around?

1&2 for me, but it is expected with the volume keys.....

dai_shan 11-22-2008 06:07 PM

1 & 2 for me too. Also, the screen is a little gaped from the keyboard and is a little springy when using the touch screen. It's starting to bug me alot. Was thinking it was just mine, but, now it seems mine is no different.

Sim-X 12-08-2008 01:20 AM

Mine seems to have a lot of "slop" when it is in the middle of being pulled out or when pushing the volume keys. When pushing down it seems to be ok. I think it might be getting worse. I am past my 30 days and have taken great care of the phone and I haven't dropped it yet (prob jinx myself now) What is Sprint's policy on getting a new one?

ScrapMaker 12-08-2008 01:33 AM

This thread will be closed, or completely deleted soon. History has shown that users are not allowed to complain about any problem the Touch Pro has.

Just fair warning.

To add to the thread though, yes, nearly all of them have slop. If you pick up a 6700, and a Touch Pro, and compare them, you will be shocked at the difference in build quality. So we know HTC can build 'em strong, but they decided not to in the case of the Pro.

lipidfats 12-08-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5harkology (Post 536230)
This is my second TP. I returned the first because the screen portion of the phone would try to slide open when pushing the volume buttons and at actually start to slide/move downwards when I push the power button. Now my second one is doing the same.

It's understandable if it wiggles left/right a little when pressing the volume keys firmly, since there's a slideout keyboard.. It shouldn't be trying to slide open though. Mine personally doesn't wiggle unless I press with force, but it's all about how you hold your phone. Maybe if HTC put the keys on the keyboard half (since that's the part we hold with our palm), it wouldn't be as much of a problem for others...
But it shouldn't be shifting up/down when pressing the power button... i'd have to break my phone to make that happen

ou2mame 12-08-2008 06:25 AM

yeah, the keyboard doesn't meet the screen at the gap, so when i'm texting onscreen the screen portion is hitting the keyboard. its also fairly wobbly. not enough to open in my pocket, but enough to where i'm wondering what this phone is going to look like in a year, after 60-80k minutes of use. most of my phones fall apart at that point, so i don't expect this one to last any longer. i'm just hoping it makes it that far.

hoddy4 12-08-2008 07:13 AM

the keyboard movement when you press the volume seems to be a design issue. I can reduce the effect by using the Pro lefthanded.

Insoc 12-08-2008 07:31 AM

With use, they will all eventually do this. Mine was tight, and is loosening up... Unless they make a major change to the phone, a revision, I would not return it.

[sammich] 12-08-2008 08:48 AM

1 and 2 here. It's less noticeable vertically though.