PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the top/screen portion of TP loose?
Mine slides when I push the volume buttons 35 51.47%
Mine Slides down slightly when I push the power button 23 33.82%
Mine Does not slide at all 15 22.06%
You are being way too picky for a $600 phone 15 22.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Portion Loose/Slide Around?

i can't say if mine slides with the volume as i tend to keep a finger on the opposite side, primarily to keep it from sliding.
I think it's a bit unfair to compare the 6700 slider as that one did not spring open, and it felt pretty bleh to open.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
i can't say if mine slides with the volume as i tend to keep a finger on the opposite side, primarily to keep it from sliding.
I think it's a bit unfair to compare the 6700 slider as that one did not spring open, and it felt pretty bleh to open.
I am pretty sure it had a spring-assist mechanism, just like every other slider out there. Spring-aside, how is it not fair to compare? It opened solid, felt like a rock, and was only slightly bigger than the Pro.

I would bet everything I've had, and everything I will ever make in my life that the MAJORITY of people, (including those who have not, and refuse to purchase the phone because of it's build,) would take a few extra millimeters, if that meant making the phone more durable.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero

pyroz is just getting started

yea, mine had 1 and 2 and it was very springy, also the home and back key was raised like crazy, not aligned at all. it got some annoying that i returned it to bestbuy yesterday for another. now , the new one is perfect. there is little to no gap between the keyboards and there is no play. the home and back key is aligned to the centimeter.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

i only experience #1. I've been trying to press the opposite side of the screen when using the volume rocker to prevent it from sliding to much.

I've just come to accept it. It is a very move-able part that slides open and close who knows how many times?

I can live with it just so long as it doesn't get worse and the phone still functions properly.

I was messing around with the display model at Best buy when I was waiting to get mine. There was probably an inch 1/2 gap between the screen and keyboard when it was closed. I hope my phone doesn't get that bad
Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai_shan View Post
1 & 2 for me too. Also, the screen is a little gaped from the keyboard and is a little springy when using the touch screen. It's starting to bug me alot. Was thinking it was just mine, but, now it seems mine is no different.
ditto on this.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

1&2, quite annoying
Old 12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have not noticed mine to slide much for either volume or power button. Might be the way I hold it though, not sure. It does feel a bit loose but I only notice when I am actually trying to see how loose it is lol. I never had much gap between the keyboard and screen until I tried putting this cover on. I had to remove it and I think I inadvertantly bent the screen portion up a bit on one corner so there is a noticable space between now.

I think what makes the keyboard feel so loose is due in part to the weight of that section but I am only speculating.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch on Boost
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IOReCKI is just getting started

anyone know how to fix this. there are some people who cant get warranty anymore....=/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro